Hire Controller / Sales Coordinator
We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry, starting in London. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across London. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision.
About the Role:
As a Hire Controller / Sales Coordinator, you will be responsible for interacting with customers and suppliers to help them get the most out of YardLink. You will be:
- Matching customer bookings with the closest and most relevant local supplier
- Contacting suppliers to confirm pricing and availability
- Coordinating with customers to offer alternatives if requested products are not available
- Liaising with customers and suppliers to solve machinery breakdowns and other operational issues
- Providing excellent customer service through all forms of communication (phone, email, chat)
- Tracking and managing insurance claims from claim to payout
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Excited about the idea of helping construction companies with their supply chain, to help them deliver projects on time and on budget
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of chaos
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Generally open minded and curious about the world
- Team player and fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other out
- Experience within the equipment hire industry is a plus
Why Join YardLink:
We’re a small, but growing team dedicated to making YardLink a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role!