Head of PR
Our mission is to help eCommerce stores reach their potential. Want to join?
eCommerce entrepreneurs face two major barriers to growth - accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably. Wayflyer uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online and funding these businesses with short-term finance.
We have offices in Dublin, London, Sydney and New York.
Why Wayflyer? 🚀
Wayflyer is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for emerging eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a small, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
Our growth rate since our launch in April, 2020 has been epic and we've attracted some of the world's top FinTech investors to back us on our mission. We're facing many exciting challenges as we scale our business, and need teammates that can thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment.
What will you do? 🤔
- Plan strategic, multi-stage, communications’ campaigns to drive awareness and understanding of Wayflyer in existing markets, among our key customer base of eCommerce decision makers.
- Create the communications roadmap for new market entry in multiple markets.
- Work with our global PR agencies in multiple markets to secure top tier coverage in online, print and broadcast media in priority markets.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with key eCommerce, tech and business journalists.
- Protect Wayflyer’s reputation as we build it, providing the context and clarity to enable us to execute on our ambitious growth strategy.
- Secure keynote speaking positions at top tier eCommerce conferences in focus markets.
Why you? 🤓 The candidates we’re looking for will have:
- The candidates we’re looking for will have:
- ~15 years’ experience in communications and/or investor relationships.
- A creative approach to communications, embracing new platforms and smart tactics to advance comms goals.
- Experience in managing international PR agencies across multiple markets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Existing relationships with leading eCommerce or financial journalists in the US and UK.
- Experience of managing and building a team.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a commercial and results-focused mindset.
Why now? 🎢
- You'll be contributing hugely to the company's continued growth and success.
- You will get to shape the culture of Wayflyer. 'The early team you build is the company you build' - you'll have lasting impact.
- We're a small team and you'll get to make decisions, you're not a cog in someone else's machine.