Head of Fleet Operations (m/f/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Munich
As Head of Fleet Operations (m/f/d) at Fernride you will be responsible for designing and building up the operations for an entirely new workforce. You are responsible for ensuring a high service quality level for all our Customers. You will manage our teleoperators and safety drivers, and guarantee a smooth rollout on new customer sites. For this, you are involved in recruiting and training our teleoperators, their shift planning, and keeping the performance and quality always on the highest level. Next to our workforce, you manage our teleoperation centers and vehicle fleet. For this, you ensure uptime of our facilities and manage vehicle supply and maintenance together with our partners. In the beginning, each deployment will be an individual project, but you aim for standardizing and conceptualizing a rollout strategy for future scaling. You are part of the operations team but will be closely working with our product and project managers, and in your role, you are reporting directly to the COO. If you possess a high degree of ownership, are a great project manager, conceptual thinker, and an effective, empathetic communicator with strong analytical capabilities, we would be excited to welcome you to our fast-growing team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Build service operations around teleoperated, driverless fleets.
- Recruit, train, and manage teleoperators and safety drivers.
- Build up and maintain our first teleoperator center.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance and uptime.
- Work closely together with our product team to improve teleoperator training.
- Work closely together with our project team to guarantee successful pilots.
- Develop and track meaningful KPIs.
- Standardize and develop a deployment concept for teleoperated fleets.
- 3+ years of experience in an operations role for fleet management, driver management, warehouse management, or similar.
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Excellent planning, project management & stakeholder management skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking w/ potential for thought leadership.
- Strong experience in building and maintaining a clear reporting structure.
- Full working proficiency in German and English.
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in building an operations team from scratch.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of ownership and drive.
- Self-motivated, independent, and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to think outside of the box.
- Establish immediate credibility across junior and senior levels.
- Hands-on mentality.
- 30-minute screen call
- 1-hour interview with the hiring manager
- Case study
- Reference calls
- Founder interview
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. Thus, Fernride is redefining the job of the driver who will evolve from a 1:1 remote operator to a highly effective fleet manager who assists up to 50 highly automated vehicles from the comfort of an office. Partnering with leading OEMs, Fernride enables the remote operation and full automation of driverless fleets - swap body or trailer trucks, forklifts, shuttles, or other vehicles.
Be ambitious: We set ambitious goals that challenge the status-quo and push us of our comfort-zone. We have a shared passion for building extraordinary products.
Take ownership: We actively take ownership of our tasks, products and teams. By being accountable, we know we can fully rely on each other.
Get things done: We get things done without getting hung up on unnecessary details. We know that the simple solution always wins over the complex one.
Be data-driven: We decide based on reliable data, enabling precision and maximum impact.
Strive for improvement: We continuously grow personally and professionally. Our open-minded mentality and love for learning allows us to reflect and progress on a daily basis.
Equality and Diversity at FERNRIDE
FERNRIDE is built on people and their differences give us strength. We want to provide equal opportunities to people from all walks of life. Join our journey of continuous learning and rapid growth. Help us celebrate equality and diversity!
Thank you for your interest in FERNRIDE! Please fill in the application form below. If you are facing any problems uploading your documents, please send your documents via e-mail to [email protected]
Years of experience