Head of Dev Team with Ruby on Rails
$: 25000 - 30000 PLN net B2B
Team: Plus Tech
Place of work: remote or Warsaw office
Packhelp is a tech company that aims at revolutionizing the area of custom-made packaging. Our cutting-edge software helps more than 30,000 customers from 30 countries to design and order packaging almost effortlessly.
The team is growing and we’re on the hunt for a Head of Dev Team with Ruby on Rails to lead the Dev Team composed of 3 units - 10-12 devs combined. We'd love to meet real experts in the areas of Ruby and Rails, for whom business understanding is peace of cake and team management is everyday coffee.
Our stack (some eg.): TypeScript / JS / React / Ruby on Rails / WebGL / Canvas / Node / Heroku / Github CI / Spree / AWS / CQRS / DDD / Slack / OSX
This role will suit someone who can search for needed information and ask the right questions - to find the most optimal way, guaranteeing the highest quality.
As a Head of Dev Team, you’ll get the space to:
- manage Dev Team composed of 3 units (10-12 devs combined)
- Hire new developers and build units
- Taking care about the roadmaps, sprints, delivery lines, direct reports to VP of Engineering
- work closely with the Product Team to established strategy, solutions, and execution plans for upcoming initiatives and features
- provide an insight into the system architecture and proposed changes.
- work closely with the Product Team to create estimations and possible solutions for upcoming initiatives and features
- At least 4 years experience as a Backend developer
- At least 4 years experience managing teams of developers (at least 2 units)
- At least 2 years experience with Ruby on Rails or Sinatra
- Very good knowledge of relational databases like PostgresSQL
- Ability to implement business logic in to code
- Very good knowledge of GIT
- Very good communication skills
- Very good knowledge of patterns and ability to implement them based on use case
- Experience maintaining and building big web apps
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design and architecture based on CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Knowledge of Spree gem
- Knowledge of PHP
- Experience with CI systems like Jenkins or Gitlab
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS
What we offer:
- Advanced technologies - opportunity to learn approaches and patterns like Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing and Event Storming
- Knowledge sharing - internal meetups and possibilities to share knowledge across multiple areas
- No time tracking policy - we measure the effects, not the time
- Fair compensation – performance-based pay raises and quarterly bonuses, extra incentive for employee referral
- Comfortable workplace - We provide the comfort you need at work by helping you set up your home office and constantly improving our Warsaw headquarters
- The best possible tools - latest technology, our own apps and industry-standard software
- Career development - self-development budget, ability to learn from our experts during internal workshops and trainings
- Remote-first company culture - equal chance to participate in company's life, no matter where you work; all meetings, workshops and events are online for now
- Health & wellness - private healthcare, life insurance, mental health support and a subsidised MultiSport Card
- Vacation & time off - 26 paid vacation days and 1 extra Better Future Day for actively making our world a better place
More about Packhelp:
Packhelp is a place where curious minds come together to look for new possibilities and solutions. As a group of more than 200 professionals from all corners of the globe, we inspire each other every day and take pride in product we create. We develop fast, take risks and make bold, uneasy decisions.
Our efforts are appreciated globally. We were listed: #1 in Deloitte’s Fast 50 Central Europe 2020 ranking, the most prominent start-up in Europe by Business Insider, and we raised more than 10 Milion € from leading international VC funds.