Head of Data (f/m/d)
WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As FERNRIDE's Head of Data, you build and lead our Data Services Software Engineering team in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. You are responsible for creating and maintaining a cloud-based software stack that manages & supports our fleet of Teleoperated and semi-autonomous yard trucks.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Own all integration, testing & benchmarking efforts of teleoperated yard trucks at our test site.
- Build & lead a team of Frontend, Backend and Cloudops engineers.
- Maintain a safe, clean and functional test facility for yard trucks.
- Create & execute test plans.
- Collect, analyze and communicate test results.
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong management and leadership skills in web & cloud engineering.
- Define & track KPIs & budgets.
- Identify risks, regressions, and performance gaps.
- Several years experience leading a Full-stack web & cloud engineering team.
- Strong experience with one or more cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Strong experience with Infrastructure-as-code such as Terraform or Pulumi.
- Strong experience with Node (TS preferred) or GO.
- Strong experience with React (TS preferred).
- Experience with Dashboarding frameworks such as Grafana, PowerBI, QuickSight, or Google Data Studio.
- BS in Computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Several years of industry experience in software engineering.
- DevOps or Cloudops experience a big plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English speaking and writing.
- A hands-on mentality, an analytical mindset, and a proven track record of problem-solving.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Competitive salary as well as company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Regular teleoperation driving lessons.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture.
- All-day breakfast.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level