Head of Client Services - United Kingdom (optional remote) (Full time ) (f/m/d)
We Make Websites is a Shopify Plus agency with a team spread across London, New York, Toronto, Vancouver, Miami, and Los Angeles. Our team of 90+ design, develop, and elevate e-commerce websites for some of the world's largest companies. Brands we work with include Hasbro, Good American, A.P.C, Alessi, Pangaia, and Levi's.
Our Head of Client Services is a pivotal position within our management team. They report into and work closely with our Commercial Director to oversee, manage and grow our portfolio of clients.
This is a varied role and touches many aspects of the agency, however, the primary focus will be taking on the management of our Accounts Team to assist them in driving our clients’ commercial growth, and therefore, our own portfolio value.
This is a dynamic, strategic and demanding position, but one that is vital to our mission of becoming the world’s best Shopify Plus agency - to work for and with.
You will be responsible for growing our portfolio of clients through new and existing business.
- You will be ultimately responsible for our client relationships. As part of this, you will personally build strong connections with senior / board-level client stakeholders.
- You will be a key escalation point and responsible for dealing with client issues before they hit the leadership team.
- You will be responsible for the performance, progression and growth of our Accounts Team (hiring, 6-month reviews, promotions, performance improvement plans)
- You will work with the Accounts Team to identify and unlock value within our portfolio of clients - this would include being part of the pre-sales engagement process and quarterly business reviews with existing clients.
- You will have full reporting responsibilities - client-data-dashboard, quarterly OKR reporting to the leadership team etc.
- You will work closely with others in the management team, and our Commercial and Delivery Directors, on strategic business initiatives - e.g. rolling out new services.
- You will work closely with our marketing team to share insights, showcase client success and increase the sticky-ness of our marketing funnel.
What we're looking for
You will have a minimum of 3-5 years agency experience, ideally in an e-commerce environment.
- You will be highly commercial and come with a proven track record of building and growing a portfolio of clients.
- You will be data-driven and be comfortable using that data to make decisions and recommendations.
- You will complement your commercial and data-driven skills with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- You will have built, nurtured and grown your own team.
- You will have exceptional communication skills and be totally comfortable speaking with (and pitching to) C-suite stakeholders.
- You will have a passion for the verticals we want to attract - fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food & beverage, and innovative FMCG.
- You will have a keen interest in design, technology and e-commerce
- You will be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem solver.
- You will be a natural leader and be comfortable with the challenges of managing teams of people.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast paced environment.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
- You will be an intelligent, articulate, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Bonus points if you have...
Experience working with the Shopify platform.
- Ecommerce agency experience.
- A well established network within the e-commerce landscape.
Beyond a competitive salary, we offer benefits that will push your career forward and improve your wellbeing. We're flexible and digital-first, which means better benefits and higher performance. You decide if you prefer to work from your home or the office. Become a member of a team that supports and protects both your professional and personal values - WeMakeWebsites continues to recognize and contribute to important issues that resonate with the team as a whole.
Perform at your best
- Unlimited home-office spend.
- Unlimited training budget.
- New MacBook Pro.
- Access to a local office or co-working space.
- Company get-togethers in London at least once a year, all expenses paid.
- Regular socials: to keep our teams connected, to celebrate our wins, and sometimes, well, just because!
- Clear promotion paths for those who excel, including managerial and individual contributor routes.
- Regular 1-to-1 support incl. informal monthly reviews and biannual pay reviews.
- Monthly elected MVP + prizes.
Work that fits your lifestyle
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday off + 8 public holidays + 1.5 extra days per year
- We'll contribute to your pension
- Discounts on travel, dining, gym membership, counselling, dental and healthcare
- Flexible working hours, including daytime appointments (for health, wellness, life admin etc)
- No-questions-asked personal days (sick, personal, time off)
- 3 paid days for volunteering and charity work
- Ubereats/Deliveroo monthly lunch allowance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Apply using the button below.
No recruiters, please.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level