This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Graduate Software Engineer (f/m/d)
We’re looking for motivated engineering students and fresh graduates to participate in our 6-month Scale-up Program.
The program is designed to challenge you and provide you with hands-on experience and development opportunities. Our goal is to set you up for success at the start of your career.
This is not just another graduate program where you end up working on low-priority tasks, writing boring documentation, or fixing bugs all day. This is a program that puts you immediately on the frontline: you will work on prime features that are being used by millions of users.
Within the organization
You’ll join one of the existing Product Engineering teams and work on designing and delivering new features for our customers. You will be paired with a Mentor who will help and guide you during the program. Your future team consists of people with various fields of expertise: apart from engineers, you’ll also work with our Product Management and UX Design teams.
We work in an agile environment with a strong focus on well-structured code, testing, and continuous integration. We do our best to build a sustainable code that enables high speed and high quality. Pragmatic decisions and approaches help us maintain a good balance between quality and speed. We don’t have dedicated roles for specific tasks; every engineer is equally responsible for engineering design, implementation, as well as unit and integration testing.
You’ll be using and relying heavily on your skills in computer architecture, operating systems, computer science, and mathematics in depths.
From Ákos Kapui, our VP of Engineering:
“Our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.”
Read more about our engineering philosophy here.
What will you do?
- Dive into the code base right on day one
- Use your skills and knowledge to solve complex software problems
- Work on high-impact projects
- Write clean, efficient, and sustainable code
- Break down complex problems and implement creative algorithms
- Collaborate with engineers across our organization to build new features from scratch
- Grow both professionally and personally through various training and development opportunities
In an ideal world, you
- Have a strong motivation to work with and learn from the best professionals in their fields
- Are studying or already have a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Can work at least 30 hours/week
- Are proficient in English, both written and verbal
- Have excellent logical-analytical skills
- Are excited to solve open-ended challenges
- Have a positive mindset and a solution-oriented attitude
- Are comfortable with working in a highly agile environment
- Are curious to find innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Can work independently and take ownership of delivering high-quality solutions
A sneak peek into our stack:
- Our cross-platform CAD engine is written in standard C++17
- For our iPadOS and macOS app, we build the UI and application logic in Swift
- Some Objective-C, mostly for gluing Swift and C++ together
- Our proprietary rendering engine uses native Metal and DirectX 11APIs
- Our microservices are written in Go and run on AWS, using serverless building blocks
- For data storage, we use PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, and S3
- The web frontends are built with TypeScript and React
What do we offer?
- The chance to build a world-class product and you’ll receive stock options retrospectively from your first day, making you essentially an owner of the company
- A down-to-earth culture and an opportunity to scale things up together with the best professionals in the field
- Unconditional support for your professional development – be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it's on the house
- A gorgeous office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest, well-stocked with snacks and coffee on us and a company Wolt account
What is the timeline?
Before the program:
- September: The application period starts
- October: We'll meet you at job fairs and university meetups
- November: Screening call with a recruiter
- Deadline of the applications: 30th of November 2021
- December: Assessment Center interviews
- January: Signing contracts
- February: The Scale-up Program starts with onboarding training
During the program:
- February – July:
- Working on real projects with hands-on challenges in our Engineering teams
- Mentoring and job shadowing
- Soft-skill training
- Teambuildings and company events
- July: Hackathon and Scale-up Program afterparty, Sending out offers to high-performing trainees
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
We’re on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. And we’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum in doing so.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build/contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.