GOLANG SOFTWARE ENGINEER (F/M/X)
As a golang software engineer, you join our Product Development team and are integral to our success.
The Product Development team is part of the Product Group, which also includes Product Management, Product Design and Tech Writing. This cross-functional team is responsible for bringing our vision of an open-AI risk management platform to the hands of the most demanding risk management teams in the industry.
The product handles analytics processing, user management, data ingest, configuration management as well as displaying the information though a SPA. You can see a sneak peek into our product here.
You will be working primarily on the backend of the system, including:
- Improving our data pipelines (i.e. ingesting data into our systems)
- Optimizing performance for search and aggregated datasets
- Implementing new APIs to support frontend features
- Improving tooling and monitoring capabilities
- Developing new “green-field” projects to add capabilities to our systems
- Working with other engineering, analytics, and ML teams to integrate new functionality.
Furthermore the ideal candidate would be motivated to help us develop our engineering culture and influence our technical direction through code reviews, knowledge sharing, and developer-driven projects.
We work hard to maintain a culture where developers are given trust and freedom to make the right decisions for the product. This means avoiding arbitrary deadlines, always trying to do things properly according to engineering best practises, routinely reflecting on and optimising our development processes and sharing success and failure across the whole team.
The role would initially be remote with the option to work from our office if that is preferred, but we hope to return to working from the office once it is safe to do so.
Below are the ideal candidate’s skills, however this should be treated as a guideline rather than a set of concrete requirements.
- Relevant professional experience ( we are open to different years of experience, including Senior experience ) ideally focusing on technologies such as:
- Golang, gRPC
- or a similar programming language with first exposure to golang in a production environment
- Relational DBs (e.g. Postgres), Indexes (e.g. Elasticsearch), Queues (e.g. Kafka)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Gitlab, continuous integration
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. code reviews, iterative development, modern testing practises)
- Knowledge of best practices related to testing and clean code development
- Previous experience using or integrating with modern frontend technologies (e.g. building APIs for single-page-applications)
- Familiarity with service-oriented architectures
What we offer:
- The chance to join a growing team of industry experts with plenty of room to leave your mark
- The opportunity to strongly impact company strategy and growth
- Creative, diverse, fun and focused teams committed to learning and problem-solving through collaboration.
- A safe and open space to follow your individual growth objectives & openly share mistakes and “lessons learned” with each other,
- Fun, creative and focused teams committed to learning and problem solving through collaboration
- Family friendly, flexible home office policy and working hours
- Time every week to hack on projects of your choosing, take premium online courses, or take funded german courses (A1, A2, B1, B2)
- Free gym in the office building, daily fruit baskets, drinks, and snacks
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Flexible working hours, remote-work opportunities as well as full support for family/private situations through flexible parental & compassionate leave policies
- A standing invitation to initiate and participate in activities to shape and push the boundaries of our workplace culture.
- Regular feedback workshops and monthly events on topics related to Diversity & Belonging
Fraugster’s purpose is to reduce the spiralling levels of online fraud, estimated to reach $1 Trillion by the end of 2021. Our mission is to protect companies selling online, and intelligently manage the impacts of fraud on their business and their customers. We do this by using advanced AI to spot patterns of fraudulent behaviour, and stop them. The combination of our expertise and technology makes us one of the most accurate solutions in the market, and our ambition is to set a new standard of online trust, globally. Our customers are some of the world's largest payment companies and most renowned brands in e-commerce, and we have the backing of Europe's premier tech funds (Speedinvest, CommerzVentures, Munich Re Ventures and Earlybird). We are a very diverse bunch of technologists and problem solvers from over 25 countries across the globe. Our culture is defined by intellectual curiosity, teamwork and a passion for solving complex problems. If this sounds like an environment you would like to be part of, we would love to hear from you.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. See our mention in Talent’s post on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion here.
Upon clicking "Send", you will submit your contact details and CV. For more information on how Fraugster processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.