Global PR and Communications Manager
Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts.
Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
As the Global PR and Communications Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Bitmovin’s internal and external communications strategy and program. In this role you will help to define and communicate the company vision, increase awareness of the business and position Bitmovin as a thought leader, as well as managing output of our PR agency. You will be instrumental in elevating Bitmovin, and their senior executives, through a strategic combination of press releases, by-lines, commentary, speaking opportunities and award submissions.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Lead and coordinate PR planning, strategy and execution
- Establish an internal communications strategy
- Partner across functions to develop consistent and compelling (employee facing) communications
- Support Bitmovin’s DEI efforts with internal and external communications strategy
- Edit communications for executives and author company newsletters
- Own awards program; prioritising submissions, writing entries, tracking deadlines
- Support culture agenda in partnership with the HR organization
- Track effectiveness of communication campaigns and manage feedback channels to consistently improve strategies
- Be a brand ambassador and advocate to ensure consistency in Bitmovin’s messages and voice to key constituencies
- Create press and media materials, including news releases (product, partnership and corporate announcements), by-line articles, fact sheets, etc.
- Cultivate strong relationships with journalists and bloggers spanning top-tier business, technology, retail, and social media/advertising publications
- 4-7 years of public relations experience with a background preferably inclusive of both agency and corporate in-house
- Familiar and comfortable with current market trends spanning social media, e-commerce, and enterprise software/ Software-as-a-Service
- Native English speaker
- Proven track record in creating innovative and targeted communications programs that impact employee experience
- Strategic thinker with a strong business acumen to recognise the relevance/ impact of each decision.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills matched to an excellent interpersonal and executive presence, including a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships both inside and outside the organisation.
- Self-organised and motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to achieve objectives in the midst of competing deadlines
- Flexible and open to change, grasps the essence of new information, and identifies solutions accordingly
- High impact and influence skills that enable developing relationships across all levels in the organisation
- Experience in employee communications
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry in the Americas
- The ability to influence the product growth
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- The best and most modern tools to work with
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- The opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.