Global Growth Manager
We are looking for a full-time growth manager to lead our seafarer acquisition efforts. You will be part of our global team and work directly with our COO. In the future you may become our head of marketing. The job will be remote due to COVID-19 for the foreseeable future.
Seafair is a tech startup helping shipping companies manage data and recruit seafarers (employees who work on vessels), a $60B market annually. Our vision is to become the global leader in the shipping crewing market. We use technology, data and operations to provide the best quality of services to our clients and access to opportunities for our seafarers. Our investors include General Catalyst, FJ Labs, firstminute capital, Speedinvest, TA Ventures.
Who we’re looking for:
You enjoy working on complex problems and finding answers to challenging questions. You have a growth mindset; you are pumped by the idea of growing professionally in parallel with an early stage startup and you are willing to hustle and learn every day you go to work. You love defining and building scalable acquisition processes, always keeping in mind how you can add value to the user. You are willing to learn skills in business development, data analytics and product management. You find experience at an early-stage venture backed startup exciting.
- Lead our seafarer acquisition campaigns end-to-end; manage a team of growth associates working on paid-marketing, email marketing campaigns, social etc.
- Identify sources to extract new seafarer leads and work on initiatives to expand our seafarer pool
- Design and execute initiatives to convert seafarer leads to profiles
- Define Seafair’s key value-props to seafarers and adjust our messaging across campaigns/channels to increase conversions
- Build reports to track effectiveness of lead-gen campaigns based on traffic/volume, conversions and customer acquisition cost
- Strategize ideas to improve campaign performance and find new growth opportunities across acquisition channels
- Build a strategy to boost Seafair’s brand recognition among seafarers
- Have a direct impact on the culture as one of Seafair’s early hires
- At least 3 years of experience at a venture-backed startup or consulting, part of it in projects in growth/marketing
- Proven experience designing & executing effective, scalable acquisition processes
- Strong data analysis capabilities, proven ability to make data-driven business decisions; candidate should love to tell stories using data
- Growth mindset & hustler mentality; candidate has strong willingness to learn fast in new role
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- BSc/BA in Marketing/Business or a related discipline
- Experience working in a venture-backed startup or with a digital product/software
- Experience managing remote teams
- Prior experience in email marketing campaigns
What we offer
- Competitive salary (including quarterly performance bonuses) and employee stock option plan
- The ability to work with the founding team of a startup that will disrupt the global shipping industry, backed by world-class investors (more on this soon!)
- Be part of a very talented, hungry and expanding team with great opportunities
- A value-driven, energetic and fun culture (yes, lame jokes will be part of it)
- A work environment where you are expected to challenge and be challenged every single day
- Work in an inclusive, international team. Sharing is caring: We are disrupting an opaque industry, so we promote transparency everywhere, internally and externally.
- Paid vacation days
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis