Functional Safety Manager (m/f/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Munich
As (Senior) Functional Safety Manager(m/f/d) you will be leading all safety-related activities of FERNRIDEs technology and ensure that our hardware and software products, as well as the processes, are compliant to e.g. DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC and ISO 26262. At its core, this role functions as the safety ambassador in the company: conducting safety assessments, support in defining architectures, defining requirements, and driving these activities together with the team to successful execution. In the future, you will build up and lead the safety team. As one of FERNRIDEs early team members, you will have the chance to shape the foundation of our product and culture.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Define functional safety concept and functional safety plan according to DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC and ISO 26262.
- Create, maintain and review work products according to DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC, and ISO 26262.
- Communicate with all required stakeholders (safety consultancies, auditors, insurances, customers, HW/SW suppliers) to
- identify and define technical/ system requirements, safety requirements, and safety goals.
- present functional safety strategy in front of stakeholders.
- Planning and coordination of the functional safety activities with project manager, development team, suppliers, and customers on functional safety.
- Ensuring that functional safety confirmation measures such as audits and assessments are planned and complete.
- Coaching and supervising the development team in the functional safety development processes and methods.
- A degree in engineering or applied fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in safety engineering.
- Expert experience in working with safety standards like IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 13849, DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC.
- Experience with safety-related system architecture.
- Experience of working in the automotive industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in German and English in writing and speaking.
- A hands-on mentality, an analytical mindset, and a proven track record of problem-solving.
- An enthusiasm for cutting-edge innovation such as self-driving technologies.
- Functional Safety Engineer/Professional/Expert Certification.
- 30-minute screen call.
- 1-hour interview with the hiring manager.
- Case-study in our office (or remote)
- Reference check.
- Final interview with the founders.
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. Thus, Fernride is redefining the job of the driver who will evolve from a 1:1 remote operator to a highly effective fleet manager who assists up to 50 highly automated vehicles from the comfort of an office. Partnering with leading OEMs, Fernride enables the remote operation and full automation of driverless fleets - swap body or trailer trucks, forklifts, shuttles, or other vehicles.
Be ambitious: We set ambitious goals that challenge the status-quo and push us of our comfort-zone. We have a shared passion for building extraordinary products.
Take ownership: We actively take ownership of our tasks, products and teams. By being accountable, we know we can fully rely on each other.
Get things done: We get things done without getting hung up on unnecessary details. We know that the simple solution always wins over the complex one.
Be data-driven: We decide based on reliable data, enabling precision and maximum impact.
Strive for improvement: We continuously grow personally and professionally. Our open-minded mentality and love for learning allows us to reflect and progress on a daily basis.
Equality and Diversity at FERNRIDE
FERNRIDE is built on people and their differences give us strength. We want to provide equal opportunities to people from all walks of life. Join our journey of continuous learning and rapid growth. Help us celebrate equality and diversity!
Thank you for your interest in FERNRIDE! Please fill in the application form below. If you are facing any problems uploading your documents, please send your documents via e-mail to [email protected]
Years of experience