Full-Stack Team Lead
We’re looking for a motivated Engineering Manager to lead our Services team. They are a full-stack team owning, operating, and actively developing core infrastructure and services related to authentication, user management, payments, subscription management, and revenue tracking. If you have vast backend or full-stack expertise with any state-of-the-art technology, and you are happy to lead a team of engineers with various tech backgrounds, don’t hesitate to apply.
Within the organization
You’ll report to one of our Senior Engineering Managers within the Engineering organization, and you’ll work with key people from our Product Design, Growth, and Finance teams. Your future team consists of people with various fields of expertise, like product management, UX design, cloud infrastructure, and iOS development, so they’re geared up to cover their fields end-to-end.
We work in an agile environment with a strong focus on well-structured code, testing, and continuous integration. We do our best to build a sustainable code that enables high speed and high quality. Pragmatic decisions and approaches help us maintain a good balance between quality and speed. We don’t have dedicated roles for specific tasks; every engineer is equally responsible for engineering design, implementation, as well as unit and integration testing.
From Ákos Kapui, our VP of Engineering:
“Our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.”
Read more about our engineering philosophy here.
What will you do?
- Make the experimentation with new subscription tiers easier
- Continuously improve our payment funnels
- Enhance the community and social aspects of our applications
- Let users move between platforms more fluidly
- Make your team better through mentoring and coaching
- Adjust the team’s operations for better efficiency when needed
In an ideal world, you have...
- Previous work experience as a software engineering manager or a development lead for a backend or full-stack team
- Depth of knowledge in a wide spectrum of software engineering, with a strong focus on public cloud providers, backend services, web frontends, and mobile apps
- Expertise in building engineering teams with high quality and high throughput
- Experience in utilizing leadership behaviors for operational and professional excellence
- Know-how in managing and developing high-performing engineers and supporting people in their career growth
A sneak peek into our stack:
- Our microservices are written in Go and run on AWS, using serverless building blocks
- For data storage, we use PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, and S3
- The web frontends are built with TypeScript and React
- We do thorough monitoring and alerting on our services
- The team regularly contributes to the iPadOS/macOS/Windows apps using Swift and C#
What do we offer?
- The chance to build a world-class product and be an owner of the company with equity
- A down-to-earth culture and an opportunity to scale things up together with the best professionals in the field
- Unconditional support for your professional development – be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it's on the house
- Relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
- 100% sick leave payment and a generous Medicover healthcare package (upon passing your probation)
- A gorgeous office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest*, well-stocked with snacks and coffee on us and a company Wolt account
*Our team is currently working remotely. We're very grateful to be able to continue our work throughout the pandemic.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
We’re on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum, focusing our $6M Series A on scaling our team across the board.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build /contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.