Frontend Engineer (m/f/d)
Primer is here to make payments simple.
By connecting to us, businesses around the world are connected to everything they need to make payments happen.
Set up in the UK in 2020 by an ex PayPal team, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital and Accel. We’re also partnered with Klarna, GoCardless and Worldline among others.
Our teams work remotely, from anywhere. We value drive, autonomy, and transparency, and we’re looking for people to shape our culture as much as we’re looking for people to build our product.
We have ambitious growth plans over the next year and we are now rapidly scaling our engineering teams to help us shape the future of Primer.
We're looking for product-minded Frontend Engineers to build across our Workflows, Dashboard, Checkout and more. UX and design are always at the forefront of our mind, to ensure we deliver a first class experience to merchants and their customers. Your role could involve crafting slick management and reporting interfaces, or building SDKs to allow developers to integrate with us. Either way, you'll be an early member of an engineering team building out a product and new features in an exciting phase of growth!
What will you be doing?
- Depending on the team you join - building and maintaining client side SDKs; implementing designs and functionality for a simple, clean dashboard; and working in close collaboration across Product and Engineering teams
- Owning key technology decisions, building for scale and optimising for output
- Reviewing code and continuously looking for ways to improve how we work and build
- Optimising our user facing products and interfaces
- Documenting our projects, for customers and internal teams
- Learning all about payments - to help make them as intuitive as possible
What are we looking for?
- Experience delivering high performance applications for the web, ideally with React
- Confidence in creating and maintaining well-formatted and concise developer docs
- Passion for clean, well-tested code
- Enthusiasm for building out our product, with the motivation and inclination to suggest new ideas and think of our end users
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with internal peers and external clients
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Experience with complex or data-heavy products is interesting!