Frontend Developer (f/m/d)
Read more about us here: https://medium.com/wasmer
About the role
Role: UI Developer
About The Role
We are seeking a skilled UX/UI developer with industrial-strength software engineering skills to help us build WAPM, Wasmer's WebAssembly Package Manager.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Wasmer Inc. is behind the popular open-source WebAssembly runtime Wasmer. In addition to the Wasmer runtime, the company has made significant investments in WAPM, the WebAssembly Package Manager, and many other open-source projects in the WebAssembly ecosystem.
Our mission is to make software universally available. ****We are committed to the open-source community and strive to contribute to developers and companies worldwide to help make Wasmer and WebAssembly a universal standard.
You are a highly technical and accomplished UI developer and want to work on the software that will power the next generation of Cloud and Edge Computing platforms using WebAssembly.
What You Will Do
- Develop efficient and reusable UI components within our Design System
- Consistently deliver high-quality code
- Facilitate discussions that encourage a healthy conversation about technology
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Push the needle forward for the team to increase code quality, code maintainability, and team productivity.
What You Need
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Experience interacting with technical customers and customer engineering teams
- A positive and respectful attitude.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and good knowledge of various design patterns such as MVVM, MVP, etc.
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Demonstrated ability to dive into and work with large codebases
- Strong abstraction, algorithmic, and software architecture skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science (nice to have)
Why Join Us?
You want to work for a start-up focused on solving real problems with an open-source community-first approach for building a business.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible and or remote work policies
- Health coverage
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly stipend for open-source contributions
For our runtime our stack is based mainly on Rust, WebAssembly and LLVM. However, if you have experience with low-level systems languages (such as C, C++, Zig, ...) you will fit on the role perfectly.