This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Barcelona - Data Engineer - Part time
About the job
We’re looking for a Frontend developer to join our Data Engineering team. IOMED’s products consist of an integrated suite of tools that dramatically simplify the process of clinical research, by structuring clinical data and providing unified and standardized access to it.
You will build the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
The core of your role will be:
- Develop and maintain components and interfaces for IOMED products.
- Testing the application and its components.
- Analysis and improvement of user experience with the application.
- Analysis and improvement of the functionality, together with the product manager and backend developers.
You must have proven skills in web development using modern frameworks, are curious about new digital technologies and likes to combine usability with visual design.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who works well in a team, can teach & learn from others, and communicate what you’re working on with non-technical team members.
Things You Might Do
It is important that you feel comfortable adapting, supporting the rest of the team and, definitely, you can expect:
- Develop new features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure the security and stability of a Web Application in a continuously growing cloud environment.
What we are looking for
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Hands on experience with React/Redux.
- Hands on experience with Git.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
What we offer
- Part-time contract: 6 months.
- Competitive salary: 700€/month.
- Flexible schedule, with possibility of home office once a week.
- A warm, transparent and supportive team, with huge emphasis on work-life balance.
- Most days, lunch together in our sunny terrace.
IOMED is a technological company of software development. It was launched in 2016, funded by local and international ventures.
We are passionate and talented young professionals, from all around Spain and the world (It couldn’t be any other way, as we’re based in beautiful and bright Barcelona). Our “dream team” is made up of mathematicians, statisticians, bioinformaticians, and physicians.
We are looking for people who are eager to innovate and be part of a project with an impact on the healthcare industry, enjoying what we do, team-work, and taking on new challenges.
IOMED is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, dynamic people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
What we do
Nowadays, around 50% of Clinical Trials are delayed due to patient recruitment, since patient data collection is performed in a manual fashion. As a result, clinical research is highly inefficient both in time and cost, taking years and billions of dollars to develop a new drug.
This problem could be solved through Real World Data, i.e. derived from Electronic health records (EHR). But unfortunately, up to 85% of existing clinical data is unstructured, i.e. in plain text. This also leads, in part, to the existence of data silos, making it impossible to aggregate data from different hospitals.
IOMED has found the solution to this situation, making it possible to take advantage of the full value of clinical Real World Data. We developed a tool that extracts the necessary data from clinical texts, which results in a structured, standardized, and interoperable database that contains the complete clinical information from hospitals.
By this means, non-reusable information is transformed into data available for Clinical Research, allowing an enormous increase in criteria-compliant patients and a reduction of total time and manual labor devoted to this task.