(Freelance) Project Manager: Translations - Italian (m/f/d)
We believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Therefore, our mission is to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors. Inkitt is our self-publishing platform where anyone can upload and share their stories for free. We analyze our users' reading behavior with a unique algorithm to identify potential bestsellers, which we then license for our innovative Galatea app. Currently, our most successful author is Sapir Englard, a twenty-year-old author from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018. Now, her story is selling faster than Harry Potter did in the same period of time!
At present, we are a team of 75 passionate and dedicated entrepreneurs, engineers, and artists. We are proud that our mission convinced early Investors of Google and Spotify as well as talents from Activision Blizzard, DeliveryHero, Babbel, N26, and Glovo. Come work with us and help us build the Disney of the 21st Century!
As a Project Manager Translations (Italian), you will contribute to making Galatea unputdownable by localising our product in Italian-speaking countries. You will maximise the appeal which users in Italy and other countries have for our product - pushing Galatea up into the top 3 reading apps ranking in those markets.
- Bring numerous seasons of localised content live in the app.
- Hire sufficient and qualified freelance proofreaders, and thereby also build a pipeline of freelancers for future translations.
- Manage the freelance editors to ensure good quality translations while sticking to the agreed upon budget & timeline.
- Monitor quality to identify issues at an early stage, and provide all freelance editors with relevant feedback to ensure the best outcome possible.
- Own the uploading process of our stories on Galatea.
- Manage the translation of Marketing ads, user notifications/campaigns and book covers to Italian.
- Manage the translation of app buttons, menus etc.
- Communication skills: Native Italian speaker with flawless grammar and spelling and an innate feeling for language. English proficiency.
- Proven track record of successful project management and the ability to get things done fast without compromising on quality.
- Precision and attention to detail allow him/her to provide the best quality outcome as possible.
- Organizational skills: Excels at multi-tasking as well as planning and organizing complex projects. Time management is on point and sticks to agreed deadlines.
- Execution driven. Works with a sense of urgency, and a can-do attitude - thinking iteratively how to get things done quicker and better through a process of continuous improvements.
- Quick learner who can quickly develop some degree of autonomy when confronted with new processes and tools.
- Nice-to-Have: Passion for books & reading and can therefore easily determine whether the final product outcome provides the needed level of quality/reading flow to our readers.
- Nice-to-Have: Loves or is at least familiar with the Fantasy/Romance genre.
What we offer you:
· Flat hierarchy in a fast working environment + flexible working hours
· Bi-weekly All-hands meetings and company updates
· An unlimited budget for books and unlimited credits for our Galatea App
· Access to online personal development platforms such as masterclass.com
· German language classes, Mental Wellness Program
Additional offerings for our Remote talent:
· Regular virtual team events (game nights or team buildings) with groups of colleagues or just 1-1
· No matter in which time zone you are, we will adapt to it the best way we can
· Digital feedback tools that will allow you to share and receive feedback anytime & everywhere
Additional offerings for our talent in Berlin - ... once we're all vaccinated:
· An extremely cozy, plant-filled and dog-friendly office, which could not be better located in the heart of Berlin (Alexanderplatz/Hackescher Markt)
· Regular local team events as well as free fruit, coffee, tea, and dinners in the office
· Sponsored cross-functional lunches and city-exploring events
· Free yoga and HITT training classes in the office several times a week
Does this sound like somewhere where you can make a lasting, positive impact? Then, apply now! We are looking forward to speaking with you!