Financial Manager (f/m/d)
Toqio (toq.io) enables any business to create game-changing, data-driven finance propositions that can be rapidly deployed to our customers where and when they need it.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager to lead our day-to-day finance operations; support strategic & commercial finance projects; and continue building our overall finance function and capabilities.
The role reports into Toqio’s CFO.
As Finance Manager you will:
- Execute and oversee Toqio’s day-to-day accounting activities, incl. account reconciliation, cash flow management and forecasting, invoice & expense management, tax management
- Work hand-in-hand with external accounting partners on a variety of topics incl. ensuring the quality of our statements and producing insightful monthly / annual financial reports
- Play a crucial role working with the Commercial function to grow and ensure the quality of our top line - incl. managing and stepping up our invoicing and billing operations
- Support the CFO to bring our finance capabilities to the next level - by identifying priority areas, aligning on action plans, and driving projects with the appropriate level of independence
Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting, FP&A, or a related field
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Must have skills:
- We are looking for a highly-proactive, quick learner with an entrepreneurial mindset and a go-getter attitude - eager to grow and be challenged every day
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Outstanding planning, organizational, and time management skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working at a Big 4 accounting firm
- Knowledge of the UK and Spanish regulation and tax system
What we offer:
- TOQIO. People are one of TOQIO’s main assets. We are building a unique best in class team committed to our core values and based in diversity, sustainability and wellbeing.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs, young and talented engineers and PhDs.
- TOQIO’s Founding team; Eduardo Martinez and Michael Galvin are successful entrepreneurs and motivated leaders who have been awarded in different fields. Along with Daniella Lorenzo, Rodrigo Iglesias, Víctor Martín, Arancha Riestra and Jingxuan Xu are leading a talented team full of energy and passion.
- Our core values. TOQIO’s 4Cs are our flagship, we are:
- Curious: Curiosity is the lifeblood of innovation.
- Committed: Shaping TOQIO into a more vibrant place to do business, as well as making our society better.
- Considerate: We’re a diverse and multicultural team that brings many perspectives into our workforce.
- Creative: seeking out of the box thinkers who face challenges head on, and look forward to innovating their way around every obstacle.
- The best place to work. We are working hard to become a great family company.
- Team working: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Equality & Diversity: Promoting equality and diversity, encouraging a multicultural environment.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- The best team. We care the most about our team members.
- Salary proposal for Finance Manager: 32.000€ to 45.000€ gross annual base salary depending on the candidate’s knowledge and experience.
- Leave Period: 25 holiday days of your election.
- Employee Share Scheme: We want all team members to really feel part of TOQIO.
- Flexibility: Working flexibly in the broadest sense, remote working is part of our normal practice at TOQIO but also we offer a Flexible Working Policy. We work up 80% of the time remotely.
- Flexible perks package including private health insurance, entertainment, training, mentoring program, gym...
- We are a British company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have central offices in Madrid, London and in the short term we will open a new office in Nairobi.
- Join an international team with over 15 nationalities and colleagues in Spain, UK, Switzerland, Kenya and India.
- Awards. TOQIO has received several awards and nominations since we launched in 2018:
- Early Metrics TOP 30% International recognition 2019
- Winner of Cuatrecasa Acelera IV 2020
- Lanzadera Growth Phase Startup 2020
- Winner on Corporate Category of Open Finance Appathon 2020 (Open Banking Excellence)
- Finalist Fintech South Summit 2020
- Fintech Third prize Premios Expansión Startup 2020
During this job application, we will ask you to play a couple of short, fun games. These games provide you with the opportunity to showcase your potential, talents, and personality. As a result, we can ensure equal opportunities for everyone who applies, by evaluating everyone based on objective insights rather than gut feeling. And as we value personal growth and transparency, we will make sure you receive your results as well.
Thanks so much for taking the time to check TOQIO, we are really looking forward to hearing from you!