Finance Manager - Climate Tech
What does Sylvera do?
In less than a year, Sylvera has built a partnership with NASA, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the performance of carbon offset projects. This transparency helps scale a global market primed for 15-100x growth in the coming 10 years.
What will you do in the role?
We’re looking for an ambitious and methodical Finance Manager.
In this role, you will be tasked with setting up, owning, and scaling Sylvera's finance function. From day one, you will work closely with the Co-Founders and Operations team, as you gradually take ownership of day-to-day activities. From there, it will be your mission to build a best-in-class finance function - capable of supporting the company during a period of hyper-growth.
After your first month, you will have:
- Started to get a handle on Sylvera's finance processes, and progressively taken over the reins from the Operations team
- Reviewed the companies' practices, tools, and service providers - identifying areas for improvement, and begun executing on those insights
- Developed an understanding of Sylvera's business model and long term vision
After six months, you will have:
- Taken full ownership of the Finance function - everything from managing bookkeepers, pensions to high-level strategic analysis
- Worked closely with the COO and Operations team to design and implement company-wide processes that solve today's problems, whilst being scalable for tomorrow's challenges
- Supported the Co-founders with investor relations and board reporting
After your first year, you will:
- Play a critical role in Sylvera's fundraising processes - drafting financial documents, liaising with investors and helping the management team evaluate offers
- Manage the Finance function of a global company - navigating complex issues such as FX, payroll and tax
- Start to build your team, and slowly offload your responsibilities as your role grows and evolves
We’re looking for someone who:
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Has a high growth tech background (ideally with SaaS or subscription business model experience)
- Is ACA qualified (or equivalent qualification)
- Accustomed to working in a fast-moving ambiguous environment, and is comfortable with little oversight
- Highly organised self-starter who gets things done
- Right to work in the UK
We’re also excited if you have:
- Experience working with Xero
- Knowledge of venture financing
- Familiarity with SaaS metrics and KPIs
What if you're a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Competitive salary; options; matched pension.