Finance Assistant (f/m/d)
At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role
We're looking for a Finance assistant to join our growing finance function and support Beam during a period of incredible growth.
Your key responsibility will be ensuring that everyone using Beam’s service gets what they need to leave homelessness: from that electrician training course, to tools or that rental deposit on the first home they’ve had in years. But you’ll also get involved in other finance and operational tasks to support your fellow Beamers.
Processing purchase requests for items our beneficiaries need
Booking training, checking deliveries and paying invoices for our beneficiaries
Processing refunds & adhoc requests regarding beneficiary purchases
Key point of contact for the operations team and wider teams surrounding beneficiary process requests
Maintaining our internal purchasing system in Airtable
Contribute to month end processes
Support the Senior Finance Executive with claiming Gift Aid on behalf of our charity partner, The Beam Foundation
Supporting with finance process improvements and projects
Humble and keen to learn with a can-do positive attitude
Renowned for your incredible attention to detail
Excited to learn more about finance and startup ops
Keen to bring your true, open self to work
A brilliant attention to detail - vulnerable people are relying on us
Good knowledge of Xero (accounts payable and bank reconciliation, sales invoicing and journal inputting) and ideally Pleo or Dext (formerly ReceiptBank)
Ideally, experience in an accounts payable role in a fast-paced environment
We’re a team of over 60 working from our beautiful coworking space in Moorgate and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from the Queen!) and we’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
- Salary of £20-30k – highly competitive for tech for good and social impact
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- A laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- 1:1 workplace coaching with More Happi
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Hybrid working from our Moorgate office or at home (2 days in the office, 3 from home)
- Your own financial wellbeing coach, through Bippit
We have a three-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with our Talent Partner/Finance Manager
- Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Three informal chats with people at Beam
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We're excited to hear from you.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level