Engineering Team Lead
Company Vision & Mission
Do you want to be part of one of the most innovative and growing fintech companies? Then we are looking for you!
Cobee is a company that came to the market to revolutionize the world of employee benefits. Have you ever had to suffer restaurant tickets? With our card and app, the experience of your benefits as an employee adapts perfectly to your lifestyle.
Your responsibilities as Engineering Team Lead will be:
- Above all else we want our Team Lead to be the best coach for the people in the team. You will own the individual growth of everyone in the team, as well as the growth of the team itself. This includes among others:
- Fine-tuning the development processes
- Review the performance of the members of the team and offer constructive feedback
- Detect and improve inefficiencies
- Defend quality and good practices. You will need to know when the business might be in need of exceptional practices, but you will always lean towards quality.
- Empower the engineers, letting the team own the delivery of value. Being a helpful hand by unblocking, giving feedback and advice to let them achieve their goals.
- Help Product Managers alongside the Lead Engineers in the definition of the roadmap
- Interview and hire different positions, specially for your team (you will need to identify and communicate these necessities) and also for other teams.
- Decision making. You will need to make decisions in uncertain situations, although you will use data to reduce it, still you will need to be decisive.
- Contributing to the codebase, although your primary role will be that of a manager, you will also code.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of overall experience in Software development, at least 2 of those years in a management position
- Passion for delivering great products, appreciating engineering best practices over "raw" speed
- Hands-on coaching and management experience
- Great communication skills. Including the ability to effectively communicate in English
- Productive and result-oriented, with an energetic attitude.
Recruitment and Selection process
Does it look good? Don't hesitate to sign up! We will contact you as soon as possible. The selection process (remote integer) will be as follows:
- Personal Interview → online, TL or CTO (2 people)
- Pair Programming → online, any mid-senior or above engineer (2 people). Front or back depending on the candidate
- Manager test → offline, to be reviewed by TL or CTO
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary complemented with company shares.
- The best benefits in town, of course! (meals, transportation, health insurance, training courses, discounts… and more!)
- Have the best benefits on the market with Cobee: 45% discount on meals, transportation, training, childcare, health insurance, and much more.
- Code quality, good practices, and continuous improvement.
- MacBook Pro last generation as a work tool.
- 100% flexible schedule: you can enter at any time until 10:00 am (daily time), stop to eat whatever you need, etc.
- A work environment with a lot of humor floating in the air.
- Flexible remote working
- Offices located in the center of lovely Madrid
- Healthy working culture in a young and talented atmosphere
We are ready. And you, do you want to be part of the revolution?