This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Engineering Manager - Player Web SDK
Bitmovin provides API based Software that helps developers around the world to solve the most complex video problems with a video player library that plays everywhere. Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
Passionate about leading a development team and leading by example? Excited about impacting the video industry on a global scale?
Bitmovin is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a Web Player team based in Vienna and Klagenfurt. We’re building the Bitmovin Video Player, an industry-leading adaptive streaming player that runs everywhere, from desktop browsers over SmartTVs to gaming consoles. The product is trusted by many international companies like RTL, Red Bull Media House, ClassPass, Fubo TV, ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE or Sling TV.
As an Engineering Team Lead you will
- Work with a highly motivated team with a strong knowledge sharing and learning culture
- Help every team member to grow in their career and personally
- Coach and mentor your team to execute according to agreed timelines
- Support the team in delivering high quality and tested code
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
- Build and maintain features alongside the team
- Being onsite in our Klagenfurt office for a certain amount of time to foster a social connection with your team
- Lead by example
- Gain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
It would be great if you have
- Experience with managing an agile development team
- Passion for people and mentoring them
- Work experience as a Software Engineer
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- The ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- That you have hired and on-boarded engineers before
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level