Engineering Manager (f/m/d)
Read more about us here: https://medium.com/wasmer
About the role
About the role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team. You will lead a team of passionate, talented engineers that are building the systems around our open-source runtime and infrastructure . You will play an active part in shaping the product and team that will build core infrastructure. You will make sure our company hits our ambitious engineering goals. You will change the way people build applications.
You bring a passion for meeting business needs by building technical, innovative solutions. You excel understand how big-picture goals inform technical details. You thrive in a fast-paced iterative engineering environment and have experience in delivering scalable distributed systems. Most importantly, you have a track record of having past teams respect you as both a technical leader and manager.
- Experience leading a team
- Comfortable leading and hiring a team that builds the backend bits and frontend widgets
- Excel at planning, creating teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability Comfortable building developer-loved APIs that scale
- Demonstrate a track record of leading a team including hiring, on-boarding, and professional development. You inspire your team to reach higher. You’re as good as explaining “why” as you are “how”
- Experience implementing tools, process, internal instrumentation, methodologies and resolving blockages Comfortable managing teams/projections with tight deadlines and short release cycles
- Experience building massive distributed systems
- Experience leading teams using any of the following: modern Rust, Go and WebAsembly
Why join us?
- We are an open-source focused Company
- Our team is very solid, including Operating System, Compilers and security experts
- 2021 will be the year for WebAssembly. We are the best positioned company in the market
Engineering at Wasmer
Our engineering team works in three week cycles. Each cycle begins with a discussion of the company priorities -as a mix based on our community feedback and company strategies- and ends with a demonstration of the progress on that sprint.
Working at Wasmer
We are very passionate about our work. We value teamwork and collaboration.
Wasmer has an unlimited vacation policy
Most of our engineers work from 9:30am until 5 or 6pm, but there are no hard rules about this. We care about productivity, not hours.
We encourage our engineers to attend conferences.
We offer A+ Health insurance
We offer a $50 stipend monthly for contributions to Open-Source projects.
For our runtime our stack is based mainly on Rust, WebAssembly and LLVM. However, if you have experience with low-level systems languages (such as C, C++, Zig, ...) you will fit on the role perfectly.