Engineering Manager (f/m/d)
We’re (still) hiring! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our teams are currently working from home, and we are onboarding new team members remotely. Not sure if now is a good time to change jobs? Then check out our latest blog post “How we shaped our company culture with remote moments that matter”.
Join Bitpanda, Europe’s leading retail broker for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, precious metals and more! Currently, more than two million users are benefitting from our platform. We provide the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets. Our goal is to become the #1 neobroker in Europe and to offer our users all the assets they could need for investing, all in one place. Bitpanda just became Austria’s first unicorn start-up, pushing our company’s valuation to $1.2 billion and we have won multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards. Now, we are accelerating our growth journey and we are looking for you!
As an Engineering Manager at Bitpanda, you will be playing a key role in helping the team to work, learn, and grow together. You will conduct regular 1:1 meetings with each team member and enable an active feedback culture to build the pillars of a positive and inspirational work environment. You will also help to establish a healthy and high performing team that delivers value to our customers.
About the team:
Bitpanda Pro is our advanced trading platform for experienced traders and additionally allows programmatic access to a digital cryptocurrency exchange via API. The teams take care of providing the best exchange trading experience to our customers and delivering new innovative features while also making sure to adhere to our quality standards.
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate high performing teams, enable common learning and raise the level of efficiency within the team and communication with other teams
- Give regular feedback and foster an active collaboration culture that empowers individuals to share their skills
- Set direction and work closely with the Tech Lead and the Technical Product Owner
- Conduct regular 1:1s, create growth opportunities and be a mentor and coach also in relevant non-technical skills
- Recruit, onboard, manage and retain talent together with the Tech Lead and Technical Product Owner
What we’re looking for:
- Professional experience as Engineering Manager and/or Software Engineer (team lead) in an IT environment
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Technical experience in java, kafka and reactive systems
- Hands-on experience in establishing organisational processes to keep growing teams highly effective
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch and gym discount
- Free company health consultations
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Modern office in Vienna’s fintech hub in the 2nd district
- Interdepartmental "Donut" coffee breaks
- German classes
- Sustainable merch
- And more
Do you like what you are reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.