Are you a technically gifted person and want to support us in the Embedded HW/SW area? Are you up for a new challenge and ready to make a big difference? Is sustainability important to you? Do you want to work towards a more energy-efficient future? Then join our young and dynamic team as Engineering Intern.
We are LEDCity, a cleantech start-up founded in Zurich, with the goal of reducing energy consumption in the lighting sector worldwide by 80 %. To achieve this, we are developing a globally applicable lighting system that uses sensors and an innovative wireless mesh network to control the lighting according to demand.
- Design, development and testing of hardware using ECAD tools such as KiCad.
- Design, development and testing of firmware in C/C++ for our lighting and IoT products.
- Development and automation of production and test processes using Python.
- Collaboration in other development projects and management of sub-projects.
- Writing reports and presentations.
- Support the product management
Your Must Have's
- Start-up mentality and the necessary portion of flexibility.
- You are interested in sustainability and the latest technologies.
- Bachelor or Master student in Engineering ETH / FH (Electrical, Systems Engineering) and looking for an internship of 3-12 months.
- Good embedded hardware and software knowledge is a must for this position.
- You have an independent, systematic and analytical way of working.
- You are an EU/EFTA Citizen.
Your Nice to Have's
- Knowledge of radio technologies (Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth Mesh, Cellular), sensor technologies (I2C, UART, SPI) and operating systems (RTOS / Zephyr / Linux) is advantageous.
- Version management with Git.
- Linux operating system knowledge would make you an even better candidate.
At LEDCity you are not just a small wheel in a big machine; you are an important and highly valued individual. As a team we work towards our higher goal together - your success is our success and vice versa.
- Time for yourself - enjoy 6 weeks of holiday per year.
- Innovative start-up environment where you can actively contribute to a more sustainable future.
- International, young, and dynamic team of talented people who have made their passion into their profession.
- You can grow with us - there are many career opportunities in a fast-growing start-up.
- Work in our centrally located office and at home.
- As much coffee and tea as you can drink and fresh fruit.
- Fun and team building - every second week is Funday Friday with changing activities like swimming, ping-pong, barbecue, etc.
- If you like us and we like you: Then we would love to keep you with us after the internship by offering you a permanent position.
Have we sparked your interest? We are looking forward to receiving your application documents in German with a CV, photo, a compelling portfolio, and a letter of motivation. Hopefully we will get to know each other soon!
Unfortunately, offers from intermediary service providers will not be processed.