Energy Valuation Associate - Climate Tech
🌍 Location: Remote
What does Sylvera do? 👩👨🌳
In less than a year, Sylvera has built a partnership with NASA, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the performance of carbon offset projects. This transparency helps scale a global market primed for 15-100x growth in the coming 10 years.
What will you do in the role? 👩💻👨💻
As an Energy Valuation Associate you will assess the quality of carbon offsets and quantify their performance as it relates to sequestering carbon or reducing emissions. You will apply a highly commercial mindset to determining the validity of claims made about projects, and back it up with proof through quantitative measures and financial modeling. You will report to the Ratings Framework Lead and will be crucial in the further development of our offset project ratings methodology.
Successful candidates will have professional experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or a similar fast-paced environment. Preferred industry experience in power & renewables, extractive industries (oil & gas, mining), natural resources, forestry, or agriculture. Exceptional financial modeling (DCF, Scenario Analyses, Portfolio Valuation).
In addition, candidates should be highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and dynamic, with the ability to execute independently and produce high quality deliverables in tight time frames. Deep understanding of net zero and voluntary carbon markets required.
- Take a methodical approach to analysing large volumes of data, generate insight and identify trends.
- Asset valuation and supply/demand models.
- Analyse legal underpinnings, laws & regulations, and concessions in a variety of markets (renewable energy, palm oil, logging)
What we need from you: 🧠💚
- 2-3 years of professional experience in IB, PE, or management consulting.
- You will be comfortable modelling data and valuing assets, being able to make in-depth analysis and generate valuable insight.
- We primarily use Google Sheets to analyse data, so you will need to demonstrate familiarity with this or a similar tool like Excel.
- You will need strong communication skills, and ability to present data.
- Experience producing technical content.
What if you're a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Competitive salary; options; matched pension.
Remote (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)