Embedded Engineer - Infrastructure (m/f/d)
THIS IS US
Basically we’re changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We’re on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, 95+ cities have chosen us across 14 markets. More than 500+ people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
We are paving the way for clean and enjoyable ways to travel and we’d love for you to join the ride.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Help your team build new solutions for TIER’s Energy Network to power hundreds of thousands of vehicles and serve millions of customers
- Deliver software/firmware in a fully automated CI/CD setup
- Deliver the best experience for end users through the integration of hardware, firmware, and software, keeping the highest quality
- Create tools that can easily be used by other departments
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of professional experience
- You have strong experience with Microcontroller firmware development
- You are proficient with C/C++ in both bare metal and RTOS environment
- Experience with bus such as CAN, UART, SPI, I2C, I2S
- You are familiar with design patterns used to build scalable and testable firmware
- You are familiar with embedded Linux development (Buildroot/Yocto), networking protocols and Python
- Experience with BMS and AWS IoT would be a plus
- Above all, you are excited at the prospect of entering a highly dynamic environment where you’ll frequently be challenged to learn and adapt new processes and technologie
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
- Our hardware team is responsible for the development of our vehicles, batteries, infrastructure and IoT. We are a diverse team of mechanical, electronics, firmware and production engineers working in clusters of teams across Europe. We are all deeply technical and spend most of our time on development and testing, touching every aspect of the product, from early-stage industrial design all the way to mass production.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!