We are looking for a talented electrical (instrument & controls) engineer to join our technical content creation team. You’ll be working with a group of other talented engineers, animators, and social media experts, speared all around the globe, to create high-quality and engaging technical videos on industrial automation topics that will be watched by millions of engineers worldwide.
Check out our YouTube channel if you’re curious about what projects you’ll be working on: https://www.youtube.com/realpars
Your job is to use your technical skills as an electrical/controls engineer as well as your creative mind to create the initial technical designs for the video lessons based on the scripts that you’ll receive from our instructors. If you don’t know what a “script” is, feel free to give Google a quick search.
You will also be responsible for recording the technical software screens based on the scripts and the audio files you’ll receive.
The goal for this position is to create high-quality and easy-to-understand technical designs and screencast records which is a very important step in creating high-quality and engaging videos.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn new and high-demand skills as an electrical/ controls engineer.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review the scripts received from the instructors, add pronunciations for the technical words and pass them on to the voice-over artist.
- Creating easy-to-understand technical designs based on the initial scripts.
- Communicate with the instructors to double-check some parts of the script and the storyboard if necessary.
- Review the storyboard with your manager and implement the changes.
- Explain the storyboard to the animators and work with them until the final video is approved.
- Record the screencast sections of the storyboards.
What we’d love to see in your experience:
- Fluent in English.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering or similar degree.
- Good level of knowledge of industrial automation systems.
- Quick learner.
- Flexible to feedback and change.
- Great at getting required information from Google and YouTube.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Great communicator and a team player.
What makes this a unique job opportunity:
- Possibility of stock options for full-time team members
- Being part of the young, talented team with high ambitions
- Massive opportunity to learn new skills and grow
- Free lunch and snack
Apply now and we look forward to hearing from you.