This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Director of People (Global) (f/m/d)
Bitmovin is a 180 people strong Series C scale-up which provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts.
As our Director People, you will lead strategic initiatives and day-to-day efforts to form and foster our global culture, help us overcome challenges that come with rapid scaling, whilst building and leading the global People team.
In this role, you will work closely with our leadership team to lead initiatives across the organization including, but not limited to, talent acquisition, engagement and retention, career development, compensation and benefits, employee experience and remote work strategy.
We have number of hubs across EMEA for you to be based in or near... however as we continue to thrive under a more hybrid business model we are happy for you to also be based fully remotely from your established home office.
As Director of People, you will:
- Be a competent business partner to the leadership team, advising them on all people topics and help them be better leaders in their areas
- Lead, inspire and develop our people team (currently counting 9 FTEs worldwide)
- Shape the People function and ensure an outstanding experience throughout the employee journey.
- Develop and manage scalable HR policies and procedures that shape the employee lifecycle.
- Define and deliver a strategic people plan to enable and support the business objectives
- Lead all aspects of our HR strategy and initiatives that support our long-term vision.
- Advocate our Culture, enable strong connections and open lines of communication within the team and maintain trust and communication across the organization.
- Attract and recruit the best talents across all regions and functions
- Lead the learning and development function with a focus on improving effectiveness as well as career development and the employee experience overall.
- Maintain a high level of performance through integrated performance management and competitive compensation and benefit strategy
- Own our facilities and office management worldwide
- Be familiar with the laws, labour market, hour, and wage regulations
- Master people analytics and how this data can inform the strategic direction of the business
- Set up fit for purpose people systems and processes to enable great people management practices and ensure full legal compliance across the business
It would be great if you have
- Experience as a global people leader who has owned a broad range of functions in a high-growth technology business or software house.
- A track record developing and directing strategic modern HR initiatives in fast-paced, growth-stage companies.
- Experience working in a decentralized, hybrid or fully remote company.
- Global mindset – ability to adapt to various people and cultures with a cohesive view in mind
- Ability to operate in a fully remote role with the flexibility to travel onsite when needed. Or you can be based near one of our hubs in London, UK; Berlin, Germany or Vienna, Austria.
It would be even better if you have
- Senior HR leadership experience across EMEA and ideally US or APAC.
- Leadership / executive coaching experience is an advantage.
- Understanding and appreciation for cultural differences and diversity.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create, communicate and direct a team to achieve the company’s vision.
- Ability to juggle priorities without breaking a sweat and to remain efficient and extremely organized while handling a high volume of work.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across all departments.
- High emotional intelligence to help manage conflict, promote equity and inclusion, and develop talent.
- Experience with a modern HR tech stack (BambooHR; Greenhouse, Lattice, CultureAmp….
You don’t have experience with all the points above? Don’t worry, we will support you with learning, training and coaching on the job.
Bitmovin’s Worldwide Benefits
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Home Office bonus
- Investment in growth and education
- Subscription to one of our customer’s streaming services
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Regular and fun company events and team activities (hackathons, summer party, …)
- Free choice of hardware
- Company holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Seasonal gift package (swag)
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
We also have a range of country specific benefits too!
At Bitmovin we sincerely believe in the value that true diversity brings to a company. We diligently ensure our business, our people, our language and our actions do not discriminate against differences in race, religion, colour, origin, gender, sexual orientation, education, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and neurodiversity. Diversity is a part of our company character, thus we strive for the inclusion of diverse thought leadership to enhance the capability and uniqueness of our company proposition and culture. We launched our DEI group, the Tiger Team, to enhance our Diversity, Equality & Inclusivity agenda; bringing individuality to the forefront of our culture.
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
STARTING TIME: ASAP
Empower your future and join us now!Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.
Years of experience