Director of Accounting
TourRadar is a Series D, venture-backed Adventure Booking Platform disrupting a $200 billion industry. Revolutionizing how multi-day adventures are booked, we provide Operators with a platform that helps them manage, market and sell their organised adventures to travellers directly (B2C) or via distribution partners (B2B2C) worldwide.
Traditionally, booking an organised tour was a tedious and time-consuming process. Where will I stay? What activities will I do? What meals am I going to have? What operator can I trust? TourRadar makes booking multi-day adventures seamless and timely, partnering with 2,500+ operators to offer more than 50,000+ adventures in 160+ countries. Founded in 2010, TourRadar was the first to transition multi-day tours to an online marketplace, making them the leader in the industry. In 2021, TourRadar further revolutionised the industry by introducing the Adventure Booking Platform, connecting travellers, operators, and travel agents to organised adventures through one platform.
With 30+ different nationalities in our team and with offices in Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible booking experience. Launched in 2010, we proudly develop and innovate exceptional talent and we are looking to scale our team.
We are currently seeking a Director of Accounting to join our team in Vienna to support our rapid expansion. The target of the role is to maintain and develop financial reporting, audit, tax and treasury within the business working closely with senior stakeholders. The Director of Accounting leads a team of 10 people and reports into the Chief Financial Officer.
The TopCo and consolidated accounts of the business are in Austria, however there are also operating companies in Australia and Canada/USA with cash flow, tax and transfer pricing requirements in each jurisdiction.
- Working closely with the CFO, FP&A Manager and Group Accounting Specialist to guide finance initiatives and report financial results for the business
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, which are prepared within 7 business days after month end and presented to the leadership team. This includes reviewing accruals, performing an analytical review and communicating results to the leadership team
- Preparation of year-end consolidated financial statements using IFRS and AT GAAP, annual audit and correspondence with auditors and advisors. The closing of the consolidated accounts is finalised by the end of March in the following year
- Monitor the financial position of the group against existing funding agreements and regulations (for example going concern) and flag any potential issues to the CFO
- Investor support and answering questions on an ad-hoc basis
- Completion of tax filings (yearly and monthly) for all companies of the TourRadar group across three countries, Austria, Canada, Australia. Tax lodgements include income tax returns, VAT/GST (or equivalent), CIT, EU Sales listing, fringe benefits tax and others
- Ensure the available tax grants and government subsidies are utilized by the TourRadar Group, creating the necessary filings in collaboration with the respective consultants
- Oversight of transfer pricing policies applied within the group and correspondence with advisors
- Implementation and monitoring of accounting processes on the TourRadar platform to ensure they are documented and kept up to date
- Team management for 5 direct reports, including the financial accounting team, AP/AR and other specialists within the team. This also covers managing staff motivation, communication within the team and knowledge sharing
- Managing cash management. The business runs with many trading currencies and reports in EUR, USD, AUD and CAD. Managing the cash reserves of the group both from a working capital and trust cash perspective is required, along with optimising transaction costs and available cash
- Providing support to the leadership team for all accounting related questions
- Relationship management with advisors, banks and other capital providers and providing supporting data when needed
- Assisting with product improvements by working with the product team to communicate finance efficiencies for the product team to incorporate in the organisation road map
Who you are:
- Strong communicator with the ability to present accounting concepts to a varied audience
- A bilingual speaker with English and fluency in business German
- Self-starter with a strong process orientation when approaching daily work as well as problem-solving opportunities
- Strong analytical capabilities and experience with: evaluating ambiguous data, running reports, performing analysis and creating presentation materials
- Ability to perform advanced spreadsheet modelling and maintenance in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets
- Ability to quickly learn data-mining processes
- Proven ability and the credibility to persuade and influence senior managers in effecting changes within an organisation
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, IT or a related discipline plus at least 5 years of related job experience
- Previous experience in e-commerce startups / marketplaces is preferred
- Qualified Accountant, ACA, ACCA or CIMA accreditations are preferred
- Experience with Netsuite and Looker is preferred
What can you expect?
- Awesome Office: Located in the heart of Vienna's 1st District, our headquarters and its surroundings are second to none when it comes to atmosphere. Every day we enjoy an open office floor plan, complete with our “barketing department”, foosball games, and deluxe coffee machines that keep us buzzing.
- Location: Vienna is a thriving startup hub, with ample opportunities to grow your network and enjoy the benefits of a city ranked number one for Quality of Living for ten years running! Affordable for families and young professionals, filled with nature parks, a lively restaurant scene, rolling vineyards, and plenty of art, culture, and events to enjoy on your weekends.
- Flexibility: Work from home, or our beautiful office and enjoy flexible working hours that allow you to structure your days how you please.
- Office Exchange: As we're privileged to have three offices across the globe (Vienna, Toronto, and Brisbane), we encourage everyone to make use of our Office Exchange program. You will have the chance to get to know your colleagues better and become a local in a new city.
- Diversity: Thrive in an international work environment that has more than 40 different nationalities under one roof. English is our official working language, but keep your ears peeled for a multitude of languages lingering in the hallways!
- Regular team outings and events: Enjoy virtual or in-person team nights at least once a month with different themes and activities to keep us all connected. Expect spontaneous events and trips together from hiking trips, wine tasting, rock climbing, and more.
- Workgroups: Join like-minded team members in voluntary workgroups around topics like wellbeing, sustainability or company culture to actively shape how we work at TourRadar
- Well-being: Mobile working and disconnected working from managers and team members have unique challenges that are different from working in an office. We are aware that even though we are working hard, it is always important to maintain a healthy work-life balance and manage our mental health. To provide the necessary help you have free and anonymous access to check-ins, therapy & workshops led by an external curated team of professionals.
- Training & Development: With annual training and development opportunities in place, we support each other through yearly Development and Reflection Talks (DaRT) to discuss individual development opportunities and future career paths. At our thriving start-up, there are many opportunities to grow and develop your skills through cross-departmental projects in our rapidly growing industry.
- On top of this, you’ll also enjoy a monthly EUR 25 home office allowance for costs arising from working remotely, quarterly team lunches, employee discounts on all TourRadar adventures, and many more!
Through a flexible startup atmosphere, flat hierarchies, and transparent lines of communication we welcome new ideas from fresh minds, so apply now and seize the chance of being part of a highly flexible and motivated team revolutionizing how multi-day adventures are booked all around the world!
Years of experience