THIS IS US
Basically we’re changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We’re on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. Climate-neutral TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility, with a mission to change mobility for good.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, 95+ cities have chosen us across 14 markets. More than 500+ people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. In November 2020, TIER successfully raised $250m in Series C funding to accelerate our ambitious plans, with investors such as SoftBank, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, and Goodwater Capital.
We are paving the way for clean and enjoyable ways to travel and we’d love for you to join the ride.
Permanent employee, Full-time
The Role and your Impact at TIER You support the Security team. You design, build, and maintain the infrastructure that others build upon - in AWS cloud, automated as code.
All of our core infrastructure leverages AWS services like RDS, EKS, EC2 etc. We use open source tools where applicable and try to contribute back to the community.
- Maintain TIER's infrastructure platform for non-IT deployments (e.g. Finance).
- Design and build network architecture for hosted environments.
- Deploy and maintain web application firewalls, deploy web applications.
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience in professional operation of services
- Security by design, in mind.
- Large, complex, and confusing problems excite you and you solve core problems, not merely the symptoms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of two or more coding languages, including Python, Ruby (on Rails), PHP, Java, and the C suite family.
- A collaborative and receptive approach to complicated issues.
- You are calm, decisive and communicate clearly under pressure.
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
- You will be joining TIER’s Security, Fraud, and Privacy team which extends to all corners of TIER’s operations. You’ll be responsible for protecting customer data, critical business assets, and core functionality from the risk of disruption, misuse, and breaches. You will join the ranks of highly motivated professionals who are skeptical, thorough, collaborative, and supportive. You will develop and run processes which identify, track, and resolve key risks for the company, as well as proactively seek out potential vulnerabilities.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- We appreciate your talent and support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our work from home policy
- Enjoy amazing views at our centrally located office at Potsdamer Platz, with a variety of different restaurants and great transport connections
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!