DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Who is byrd?
We are a fast-growing e-commerce logistics and fulfillment company on a mission to revolutionize the logistics industry. By setting the new standard of e-commerce logistics by offering state-of-the-art logistics solutions to online shops of all shapes and sizes, we aim to become #1 European e-commerce fulfillment provider. As such, our scalable fulfillment services empower online retailers to grow their business and enable them to fulfill their potential.
Where do you come into the picture?
As a tech-driven logistic company with offices in Berlin and Vienna, we are always looking for passionate team players, free spirits, creative dissenters, humble gurus, and technology experts who understand the big picture. Our curiosity sparks an endless appetite for learning and we appreciate constructive criticism (and are not afraid to employ it).
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin
1️⃣ This is how we see your role & responsibilities:
- Support our engineering team in software development (CI, CD)
- Work closely with various agile teams and enable them with their build and deployment needs
- Drive automation from build through deployment and release
- Build and maintain our server infrastructure on AWS
- Setup, maintain and optimize IT Infrastructure for our Warehouse partners (remote only)
- Optimize and automate various IT processes
2️⃣ These are the skills we are looking for:
- Experience in IT Background for 4+ years , ideally as DevOps Engineer or similar role
- Enterprise level on AWS infrastructure is essential other cloud infrastructure providers are plus (Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with CI/CD (We use Jenkins; Gitlab CI, Github Actions, etc is a plus) and implementing and/or maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment solutions for complex applications
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation is a plus)
- Coding experience in some language. We use Python.
- Experience with Monitoring tools (CloudWatch, Zabbix, Datadog, etc)
- Experience with RDMS (Postgres, Mysql, oracle etc)
- Experience with Configuration Management
- Experience with container/virtualization technologies (Docker, VMs)
- Very good knowledge of Unix/Linux, especially on system level (bash, command line)
- Good knowledge of VPNs & firewalls, how to set them up & debug connection issues (OpenVPN, IPSec)
- Good knowledge of security best practices
3️⃣ These bonus skills we find as an interesting asset:
- Experience with automation technologies like ansible or packer
- Experience with Heroku is plus
- Worked in agile or startup environment
- Has experience with SCRUM
- Experience with Kubernetes
4️⃣ Those are some of the tools that we are using:
Jasmine test framework
Redis (Celery, RQ)
PyTest, Selenium for E2E
Native Java Android App
AWS Device Farm
Jenkins for CI/CD
Ansible for Automation
5️⃣ This is what you can expect from us:
➡️ Company-wide transparency and flat hierarchy. We offer meaningful tasks, which will have a direct impact on our company and our customers. You will work directly with the founders and a team of experienced professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team.
➡️ Flexible working hours and home office options. We know that not everyone is most productive from 9 am to 6 pm and this is why we encourage our employees to build their own flexible working hours that are coordinated with their respective team. We also offer the possibility to take home office, when needed.
➡️ Annual public transport tickets. We offer annual public transportation tickets to all of our employees to compensate for their time they spend commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally-friendly way of commuting.
➡️ Gym membership. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Our activities are diversified; our movement is not. In order to create a balance, we offer Urban Sports Club (Berlin) and MyClubs (Vienna) membership to everyone at byrd.
➡️ Regular team events. We are always happy to meet for team lunches or a small break to unwind and have a (virtual) cup of your favorite brew. In addition, team-building events and annual celebratory events are at the core of our social gatherings, bringing Berlin-based and Vienna-based colleagues together to celebrate our achievements and growth.
➡️ Groovy offices with free drinks & snacks. We know that working on our awesome mission requires sufficient energy; this is why we provide coffee, drinks, fresh fruits, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks to our colleagues, to keep us happy and full of energy every day.
📦 📦 📦
Last but not least, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
So, would you like to join us on our mission to revolutionize the logistics industry? We are looking forward to your application!