DevOps Engineer - Bitpanda Pro
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 600+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
What is Bitpanda Pro?
Bitpanda Pro's DevOps Team is responsible for the site reliability and development of our AWS presence. This responsibility comes with a very strong focus on security and performance. The successful candidate is tightly integrated into the existing development team and operates within a prioritised backlog. This engineering role places a very strong focus on providing tools & services to enable the smoothest delivery possible of our product. A strong sense of change ownership is a must and the candidate must demonstrate competence in various site reliability operations, game days, chaos testing and business continuity. If you join our team you will be integrated into a high-performance team in which you collaborate on developing innovative, compelling and cutting-edge systems that support our product.
What you'll do
- Development and support of our proprietary AWS tooling (Python)
- Development and continuous improvement of advanced deployment strategies using Gitlab and Code Deploy pipelines
- Support our existing automated QA pipelines built with Kubernetes
- Provisioning of new AWS infrastructure from ground up (from VPC to service deployment) using Terraform
- Timely fulfilment of requirements stemming from our security posture with respect to AWS account management and vulnerability scans
- Assist application development with extending existing monitoring and alerting system built around CloudWatch
- Enhancement of our Terraform codebase and infrastructure pipeline to support rapid feature delivery
What we're looking for
- Highly skilled in Linux Administration
- Familiarity with provisioning and supporting cloud-native databases (RDS)
- Understanding of the core concepts behind Kafka and Zookeeper clusters (EC2, AMI / Packer images)
- Min. 4-years’ experience with Docker, Kubernetes/ECS and Terraform
- Strong knowledge of AWS services (EC2, ESC/Fargate, CloudWatch, RDS, S3, SQS)
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI, Travis CI, Bitbucket Pipelines or similar
- Experience in building and maintaining real-time application monitoring with deep knowledge of troubleshooting hot spots
- Familiarity with scripting in Bash or Python
- Familiarity with AWS EKS / Kubernetes advantageous
- Familiarity with Java build ecosystem advantageous
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.