This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Most wanted: Resourceful infrastructure engineer with a flair for automation using modern serverless stacks.
Onedot was founded in 2014 to make unstructured and messy product data easily consumable by applying self-developed artificial intelligence. Onedot is a Swiss SaaS startup in the scaling stage offering commerce and industry the first intelligent platform to source, onboard, and distribute product data. Public companies with a global presence and rich history as well as some of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups are part of our expanding international customer base.
At Onedot, you will embed yourself into a demanding but exceptionally inspiring distributed environment with lots of room for personal growth. We are looking for colleagues who want to have a meaningful impact and shape our trendsetting product and company. High-quality work is rewarded with a steep learning curve, lots of autonomy, responsibility and swift decision-making. Become part of a multi-cultural and multi-faceted team led by the founders. Talented, curious and committed human beings from all over the globe are looking forward to your ideas and taking you on board.
As a DevOps Cloud Engineer at Onedot, you are responsible for designing and deploying the Onedot cloud infrastructure and platform releases across multiple environments. You will be creating infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) while ensuring that mission critical systems are functioning securely and reliably. Our proprietary technology built on top of Apache Spark and serverless container infrastructure processes up to 100M+ product data records per month and customer. Building a secure, scalable, fault-tolerant systems using an infrastructure-as-code approach with Terraform is what motivates you. You are familiar with the best practices of professional software engineering and site reliability engineering and can apply them in large-scale production settings. Your eye for the details is your key strength and you know the inner workings of Docker and Linux inside out. As an engineering personality, you are proud of your sharp analytical skills, which help you while troubleshooting problems, securing systems, fault-tolerance, and tuning performance. You like collaborating with our R&D team to bring new capabilities live and provide second level support when needed.
Onedot designs and engineers proprietary machine learning algorithms, probabilistic/statistical methods and advanced text understanding because existing approaches do not go far enough. Our technology achieves human-like performance and has already been trained with over 500 million different products.
Onedot is a startup backed by well-known international venture capital firms and world-class entrepreneurs.
- Design, deploy, and maintain the modern cloud-native Onedot Platform and data pipeline infrastructure
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, fault-tolerance, and infrastructure-as-code
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Ensure platform services are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats, performance, reliability and scalability
- Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team
- Master's degree in computer science, business information systems, IT, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in setting up, hardening, and evolving containerised cloud platform infrastructure using an infrastructure-as-code paradigm
- Practical experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Docker, Linux
- Excellent programming skills in Shell, Python, or similar
- Team player, effective communication skills and positive get-things-done mentality with a focus on automating tasks to the maximum
- Practical know-how of deploying Spark data pipelines in production environments
- Previous experience in an architectural or infrastructure role
- Good knowledge of IT security and SysOps/DevOps methodologies
- Experience working in a SaaS product setting
- Performance-oriented compensation because we reward high-impact work
- Generous education & training budget to continuously broaden your skills
- Flexible work hours, because impact, not face-time counts
- Work from home, so that you can focus and get things done
- Strong culture promoting open feedback and personal development, to learn from each other and push forward as one team
- Cool office space right in down-town Zurich, Switzerland, because we like it cosy and comfortable
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our teams, Onedot is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
This is a permanent remote or on-site full-time position with the option of using our offices in Zurich, Switzerland.
Sounds interesting? Apply today and we will get in touch with you shortly!