Data Software Engineer (m/f/d) Fleet Solutions
About the role
To successfully fight climate change, two major industries need to change profoundly the way they generate, store, and consume energy: Mobility and Energy. This transition needs to happen fast if we want to prevent tipping points of the climate system to be reached. At TWAICE, we accelerate the electrification in mobility powered by green energy. We do so by leveraging deep battery expertise, machine learning, and software technology.
The Fleet Solutions Team at TWAICE helps players along the vehicle supply chain – suppliers, OEMs, fleet operators – to master challenges coming along with the roll-out and operation of electric vehicles. Our products uncover previously unavailable information which permits our clients to gain actionable insights into the single most valuable component inside an electric vehicle: the battery.
To innovate our products with an even stronger data-driven focus, we are looking for a Data Software Engineer to join the team. In this role, you will be working along with us on our proprietary Data Platform on ingesting, storing, and processing time-series battery and vehicle data. This includes designing the data models and extending the Data Platform, covering the required architectural changes and the business logic.
Team members with backgrounds in Software & Cloud Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Battery Engineering will be your daily sparring partners. On a regular basis, you will have the opportunity to go out and talk to users, jointly with Product Management and UX Design.
Leverage your skills in data wrangling and coding as well as your curiosity and creativity. Together, we will push our technology (we like to call it: in-life battery analytics stack) to the next level.
Your daily business will involve
- Ingest, store and process time-series battery and vehicle data on a large scale, including data unification and streamlining the processing
- Design, implement and optimize the data infrastructure for our in-life battery analytics stack including the Machine Learning models’ infrastructure
- Make the data more discoverable and easier to be used by Data Science, Machine Learning and Battery Engineering
- Investigate and prototype new services to improve our Data Pipeline on data quality, monitoring, alerting and performance
- Be part of our agile team following SCRUM best practices
- M. Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Maths, or a related field
- You have 3+ years experience in data software engineering or a similar field (industry or academia)
- You have 1+ years experience in a data-driven business environment
- Experience in managing large-scale data models and building up the Data Platform
- You have strong hands-on experience with Python, including best practices like clean code, unit testing and CI/CD or DevOps/MLOps
- Experience with AWS cloud services in the data domain (e.g. S3, Glue, Athena, EMR)
- You are a great communicator and team player, highly motivated and hands-on mindset
- Good knowledge of SQL and Frontend expertise (e.g. TypeScript, Angular or similar) is a benefit for us
Apart from you having a meaningful activity in one of the most exciting areas of our time, we care about your mental and physical health. We care about your flexible working time and your time off, about your social environment and your personal growth.
We offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Training budget 2000€/year and further training possibilities within the company
- Free healthy breakfast, free healthy lunch, free snacks, drinks and coffee
- Free access to a tool of your choice (skillshare or coursera)
- Gympass Membership (subsidized access to gyms - not only for you, but also for your family and friends)
- Flexible working hours and flexible homeoffice - work wherever and whenever you want
- Mobile and remote working (working from another city? No problem!)
- A high degree of personal responsibility, creative freedom and opportunities
- Strong team culture with regular team events and off-sites (Summer and Christmas party, at least one big off-site, Oktoberfest (Wiesn) event, Cocktail and Movie nights once a month, regular team and sports events, company kitchen with cooking events)
- International team and relocation budget of 800€
- Borrow our e-Golf for private purposes and free EV-charging at our company
- Book circle (Order a book via TWAICE - we pay for it, you read it)
The world is transitioning towards renewable energy generation and sustainable transportation to counteract global climate change. Batteries are both the key and the achilles heel of this transition. Our mission is to enable efficient development and long lifetime of stationary energy storage systems and electric vehicles with our Predictive Battery Analytic Software based on Digital Twins. Join us on our way to an emission free future. We are a fast growing venture capital financed start-up of about 100 employees – Become part of the family!
We appreciate your interest in TWAICE Technologies GmbH. Please fill in the following short form. Should you have any difficulties in uploading your files, please contact us by mail at email@example.com.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level