Data Governance Manager
You are a seasoned data governance professional who is passionate about implementing data governance in a non-invasive way using modern technologies and want to join a fast moving company where you can build a data governance framework from the ground up.
You’ll be working closely with the legal, risk and compliance, data, Technology and various business areas in order to both gather input as well as help them implement our data governance efforts. You will help us set up our data governance council and be part of the data leadership team in order to create organisational alignment.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working with colleagues across the organisation to understand the data governance gaps
- Designing the Data Governance Framework, including:
- Creating and maintaining our Business glossary, master and reference data
- Defining of data roles and responsibilities across the organisation
- Negotiating and agreeing with data stakeholders their ownership, oversight and maintenance responsibilities
- Data dictionary identifying where data is mastered, sourced and copied and by whom
- Defining data services between data suppliers and consumers, including operating model, SLAs, quality and support obligations, quality reporting etc.
- Producing a roadmap for the framework rollout and working with business and IT teams to ensure it is successful
- Leading on campaign to educate and inform stakeholders of the value and the emerging need of Data Governance and progress against plan
- Leading the implementation of the identified data governance product / tools into business
- Assessing data quality across key services and producing metrics and plans to implement improvements through greater use of industry leading data quality tools
- Ensuring compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements (GDPR)
- Establishing the standards to be applied per data set and ensuring the appropriate roles and processes are in place to maintain them going forward
- Ensuring that data sets and the supporting business processes are documented accordingly, and that the data dictionary is complete, accurate and up to date
- Collecting and reporting on the agreed set of metrics and KPIs highlighting the levels of data quality
- Identifying opportunities to reduce the cost of data
- You will be leading the data governance process, with support from legal, risk & compliance, data, technology and business stakeholders providing direction and priorities
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are educated to a degree level
- You have experience in managing third-party data relationships
- You have project management experience
- You have excellent stakeholder management experience
- You have prior experience in working with data security, regulatory and privacy requirements
- You have a strong understanding of data management concepts such as Data Governance, Data Lineage, Data Models, Data Quality, Control Frameworks, Data Architecture, Data Analysis
- You have prior experience of defining and implementing data governance within insurance and financial institutions are preferable
- You have previous experience in implementing a data governance product, such as Collibra, Talend, SAP, IBM, Informatica, OvalEdge, etc.
- You have the ability to identify and propose innovative solutions
- You have previous experience in working with Agile teams
- You have managerial ability to look at demand and capability and identify and propose opportunities to improve service and throughput
- You have outstanding analytical skills
- You have excellent communication skills, collaborative style, able to influence at all levels in the organisation
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid leave
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.