Data Engineer (m/f/x)
Full-time in Vienna, Austria or remote within a similar timezone (+/- 2 hours!!)
With urbanization and climate change the defining features of our time, mobility is in a significant state of flux, with innovative solutions needed to address this new reality. At Ubiq we believe it is only through a data-driven approach that these solutions can be both sustainable and profitable. We are confident that, with our product and services, we can play a vital role in shaping the future of mobility.
With a growing number of customers around the world, and an exciting data-driven product that is developing continuously, we are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team.
- Work in a great team of data scientists, developers, GIS experts and product owners to bring our data workflows to the next level.
- Identify data sources and incorporate them into the data pipelines.
- Come up with new approaches for improving our service and measuring its impact.
- Drive automation, data source integration in close cooperation with data scientists and GIS experts.
- Recognize inefficiencies, propose and implement solutions.
You enjoy working in a team but are not afraid to work independently. You love to come up with new ideas, try them & see them develop. You think further than the status quo. The more skills you can cover from this list, the better:
- You have experience using ETL tools, building data pipelines based on cloud solutions.
- You have worked with PostgreSQL, R or MongoDB
- You’re motivated to evaluate and implement new approaches, and, hence, whatever tools and knowledge that you bring with you like Python, ML frameworks or general understanding of ML are appreciated
- Knowledge of GIS, Data mining, even model building and validation is a plus
- You are based in Vienna, Austria or in a country in a timezone +/- 2 hours of CET
- The opportunity to a shape a fast-growing start-up & take a leading role in it
- Working with international clients in the mobility field
- A fantastic team with lots of start-up spirit and English as the working language
- Flexible working hours - healthy balance between office & remote work
- Continuous training & learning support (events, training, courses, etc.)
- Top equipment, incl. individual equipment budget for special requests, company phone, company e-scooters, etc.
- Free fruits, snacks and drinks
- Regular team events
- Competitive salary in line with your experience & qualifications
Please send your documents in English, CV & description of why you are the right person for the role, incl. your earliest start date & salary expectation. We look forward to hearing from you!