Data Analyst, Risk/QA (f/m/d)
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our team:
We're looking for a curious, adaptable Data Analyst to join our 3 Lines of Defence teams at Monzo!
You'll be working in the intersection between data, risk & control, risk and compliance and quality assurance. You will be responsible for ensuring timeliness and completeness of our risk reporting, improving the accuracy of our self-serve reporting and auditing/documenting our current processes.
What you’ll be using:
We rely heavily on the following tools and technologies (note we do not expect applicants to have prior experience of all them):
- Google Cloud Platform for all of our analytics infrastructure
- dbt and BigQuery SQL for our data modelling and warehousing
- Python for data science
- Go to write our application code
- AWS for most of our backend infrastructure
Working in the Risk/QA data squad, you will:
- investigate and effectively work with colleagues from other disciplines to address and improve data quality
- integrate new data sources into our data warehouse
- design, build and launch new data pipelines in production
- Maintain and improve our GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) tool
You should apply if:
- you have strong SQL skills and are familiar with BigQuery and/or general data warehousing concepts
- you are comfortable exploring potentially ambiguous business problems and enjoy finding technical solutions to them
- you’re keen to learn more about new technologies and their application in retail banking
- you strive for improvement, proactively identifying issues and opportunities and getting them prioritised
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves three main stages:
- Initial Call
- Take home task or pair coding exercise
- Final interview including a case study and a behavioural interview
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability.
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
do have any specific questions or want to talk through reasonable adjustments ahead of or during application please us at any point on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level