We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across the UK. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision.
About the Role:
As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for interacting with Yardlink customers and suppliers on a daily basis, helping to recover any unpaid monies in a timely manner. Also, ensuring that they receive a faultless service and experience across all forms of communication.
You will be reporting directly into our Chief Financial Officer and will play an integral part in creating and upholding payment procedures and policies and responding to client queries to maintain and improve on customer retention levels.
- Proactively managing and collecting debts from company debtors
- Assessing new credit requests and reviewing customers’ credit ratings with banks
- Setting up of terms and conditions of credit
- Ensuring timely payment of debts
- Following up payments as required
- Negotiating repayment plans, and re-negotiating these if required
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around payments and outstanding invoices
- Processing payments and reconciliation of invoices
- Checking and posting of receipts to accounting system
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working in the Construction industry
- At least 2 years experience working in Credit Control
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, as this is highly beneficial in the smooth running of accounts.
- Confident communicator and won't shy away from difficult conversations.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised
• Passionate about the customer experience and dispute resolution.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills across functions.
• A high level of tenacity and resilience.
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
• Team player who can see how the credit collection department operates within a broader finance department.
• Has a willingness to learn and experience ongoing personal growth.
• A proactive individual with a “can do” attitude (self-starter).
Why Join YardLink:
We’re a fast growing team dedicated to making YardLink a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level