Corporate Legal Counsel (f/m/d)
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We are a close-knit team of seven lawyers based in London, Bangalore and Sofia. We are one of the most cross-functional teams in the company, helping Tideans accomplish their goals, grow the company and stay compliant.
We place a lot of emphasis on team collaboration, honesty and support. We seek to make all new joiners feel part of Team Legal from day one. We're looking for an individual who'll not only fit into that team, but will bring new ideas, challenge us and roll up your sleeves when needed.
As a Corporate Legal Counsel you’ll be:
- Acting as lead corporate counsel supporting key initiatives including M&A and fundraising
- Advising on corporate governance matters and support Board of Directors and Committees, including preparation for Board papers, preparing, managing and implementing corporate governance and related policies and preparing, managing and implementing corporate policies
- Helping expand Tide’s global footprint by supporting new market entry initiatives and coordinating new entity establishment
- Assisting in the management of Tide’s employee equity incentive schemes
- Reviewing and updating our global corporate structure and intercompany agreements
- Assisting with ad-hoc litigation and employment matters
- Collaborating with teams across the company to help achieve company-wide goals
What makes you a great fit;
Great working knowledge of technical areas of company law in the UK, particularly:
- equity fundraising
- M&A transactions
- corporate governance
- intra-group transactions
- employee equity incentives (preferred but not required)
- general company law issues concerning entity establishment and company filings
Be strategically and commercially aware with an appreciation of the business, and ideally tax, context within which commercial advice applies.
You’ll have the ability to build strong relationships with senior executives and stakeholders across the business.
- At least 4 years of relevant PQE in corporate and commercial law
- Worked in a collaborative working environment
- Looking to develop an inhouse career
- Think Tide first
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 60 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level