CMO / VP of Marketing
Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts; enabling development teams, worldwide, to play, encode and analyse video simply, efficiently and in the highest quality imaginable. We have been honoured to receive an Emmy Technology & Engineering Award, a testament of our relentless focus on innovation and improving our solutions and services for our customers.
Come join a team of like minded individuals - be part of the adaptive video streaming revolution and help shape the future of video through technology innovations.
We are looking for an exceptional CMO/ Vice President (VP) of Marketing to take our Marketing initiatives to the next level and oversee our department. Our ideal candidate has a solid B2B SaaS Marketing background in utilising data to implement and optimise our digital funnel to grow our client base and be an expert in designing, implementing and monitoring effective worldwide marketing strategies that align with our business goals.
You will demonstrate that you are a leader keen to get stuck in both tactically and strategically whilst providing your team strong leadership.
The role is critical to engaging with key stakeholders, shaping the company’s strategic planning and contributing to our company’s long-term success. When we say video, we want people to think of Bitmovin, that is why we are looking for a marketing pioneer like you to help us continue to shape the world of video.
As our CMO / VP of Marketing we are looking for you to:
- Leadership: Lead and inspire our team of talented marketing professionals whose focus is to create exceptional digital content, PR, brand, and lead generation campaigns (digital and in the field). Your knowledge in each of these areas will be exemplary so that you can provide guidance and leadership to enable the team to develop their skills further.
- Demand Generation: Be the impetus to transforming the marketing function into an efficient data-driven demand and pipeline generating machine, that is efficient and rigorous in its decision-making. You will set meaningful metrics aligned with industry benchmarks and implement industry-leading systems, tools and processes and showcase your strong marketing analytical skills.
- Brand: Bitmovin is building a category leader, with a brand of technology leadership and innovation. Be our brand leader, driving our messaging, content, PR, analyst relation, etc. efforts and further boost our presence in the marketplace, as well as working with teams including, product and sales to enhance the brand experience at every stage of the funnel.
- Digital Presence: “The website is our best sales person” is a goal of ours to achieve, and is essential in a B2B SaaS business. You would work closely with the product organization on offering a great website, content, online self service/trial, etc. experience, that leads to measurable conversions and results for our pipeline and booking performance.
- Partnerships: Building a world-class partnership network and programm, to unlock new sales channels as well as verticals, with the use of reseller, OEM, SI, and other types of partners. Bitmovin is the platform on which modern online video offerings are built, which enables these partners to build tailored offerings to their specific customer segments.
- Events: Bitmovin is known for excellent events, in any scale and format, offline and online. This is the basis for more, and your creativity and input is key to maintain and expand this position, as well as measure the success with metrics.
- Budgeting & Data: Take a strong analytical approach and oversee all marketing initiatives and planning projects while aligning budgets with key priorities. Liaise with local marketing leads on systems and processes to improve team productivity and efficiency.
It would be great if you have:
- 5+ years proven success as CMO / VP of Marketing, Marketing Director or other senior Marketing roles in tech businesses
- An in depth understanding of state of the art marketing tech stack and their leverage in B2B marketing initiatives
- Best in class project management skills and deliver on tight deadlines
- An in-depth knowledge of market research techniques
- International B2B/enterprise marketing roles experience (preferably in US, EU, and APAC)
- Processes (machine) online conversion funnel; must be able to work on the day to day ads well as the strategy
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Cloudflare, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location London, Vienna, San Francisco, Denver, Berlin
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.