Cloud Security Engineer (f/m/d)
We’re (still) hiring! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our teams are currently working from home, and we are onboarding new team members remotely. Not sure if now is a good time to change jobs? Then check out our latest blog post “How we shaped our company culture with remote moments that matter”.
Join Bitpanda, Europe’s leading retail broker for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, precious metals and more! Currently, more than two million users are benefitting from our platform. We provide the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets. Our goal is to become the #1 neobroker in Europe and to offer our users all the assets they could need for investing, all in one place. Bitpanda just became Austria’s first unicorn start-up, pushing our company’s valuation to $1.2 billion and we have won multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards. Now, we are accelerating our growth journey and we are looking for you!
As a Cloud Security Engineer at Bitpanda, you will be playing a vital role in protecting the company's data. Some of your responsibilities would be to assess the cloud infrastructure to identify possible security flaws and implement solutions to mitigate risks at all times, as well as drive the security maturity of products and systems to an excellent level of security.
About the Team
The Platform area is responsible for developing and maintaining our internal APIs, services, infrastructure and security. The teams in the area support other Product teams by providing tools & services to enable the smoothest delivery possible of our Products. With a strong sense of ownership, you will ensure the timely and efficient delivery of high-quality code, a high level of performance and design whilst also developing innovative, compelling and cutting-edge systems that support our operations.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement secure systems on AWS
- Administer and ensure the maintenance and monitoring of cloud systems to continuously improve security objectives
- Proactively identify and secure attack vectors from our connected services
- Secure Change Management (SSDLC) together with the Technical Program Manager
- Perform Threat Hunting
- Educate software engineers regularly on relevant security topics and provide risk assessment reports for stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge of AWS, IAM, policies and Kubernetes
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, while collaborating cross-functionally with partner security, operations, and infrastructure teams
- Experienced at identify security flaws in cloud solutions via architectural assessment and threat modelling
- Hands-on expertise in development and deployment of code over public clouds and container environments
- Strong experience in CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code (Terraform), as well as a deep understanding of software code development and deployment procedures is required
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch and gym discount
- Free company health consultations
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Modern office in Vienna’s fintech hub in the 2nd district
- Interdepartmental "Donut" coffee breaks
- German classes
- Sustainable merch
- And more
Do you like what you are reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.