This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Cloud Security Engineer
What does KLAR do?
Klar is a Mexican fintech startup whose mission is to democratize and revolutionize the way in which financial services have been delivered so far in Mexico, especially since half of the population doesn’t have a bank account. We have had more than 1 million users since 2021!
We are changing this scenario by offering a tech product that allows users to manage their money through a mobile and web application. Users can withdraw or deposit money from any cash machine, they can also use the card in stores and even do online payments. We don’t have any branches, everything is done and managed through the app.
Our product roadmap includes offering loans and credit for a larger group of clients based on our very sophisticated credit modeling.
Life at Klar
We have a very international team with more than 30 nationalities working from Mexico City, Berlin, and remotely. Our founder Stefan Moller is also half German and Mexican, which allowed Klar to think globally since its inception.
This position is based in our Mexico office or can be performed remotely from a similar time zone.
Your daily adventures will be
For our newly formed Cyber Cloud Security Team we are looking for a Cloud Cyber Security Engineer (m/f/d) who will be an integral part of our Security Engineering Team at Klar, being responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure for the Security Team's internal needs.
Your role will be to protect Klar’s applications, data, cloud infrastructure, network, and workstations, lead our DevSecOps initiatives, and help build the security culture within the organization. You will also work with cross-functional teams to perform cloud security assessments and secure architecture design reviews. While working alongside Offensive & Detection teams to support engineering efforts to harden our AWS infrastructure, you will improve our detection and incident response capabilities.
- Own and maintain public cloud infrastructure and SaaS-based tooling for the Security team, following the DevSecOps model
- Work in a remote-friendly security team supporting others from Berlin and Mexico
- Build and maintain highly available security systems and solutions used to secure Klar’s cloud platform in AWS
- Regularly assess public cloud infrastructure, prioritize findings and track remediation effort
- Build, improve and maintain security tooling and logging pipelines
- Contributing to the development of best practices within our Security team including IAM policies, networking policies, auditing, and logging standards
- Continually improving and optimizing operational efficiency through process improvement and automation
- Improve our network's security by adopting Zero Trust Networks
- Craft automated security auditing and monitoring tools and enhancements to cover various risk themes including ones related to Insider Threat
What you bring to the table
- Experience with securing Kubernetes, Docker, AWS EKS supporting a public cloud platform in a high availability environment
- 3+ years experience with OS & network telemetry, monitoring, and logging platforms with a focus on automation, infrastructure security
- Hands-on technical expertise in scripting and/or programming languages in one of the following: Python, Bash, Go
- Hands-on experience with IaC tools Terraform
- Hands-on expertise in securing AWS infrastructure including experience in native AWS Security Services
- Experience working with infrastructure deployment pipelines e.g. in Jenkins, GitAction, or other pipeline tools
- Strong knowledge of systems administration, including security, networking, monitoring/alerting, etc.
- Software engineering background with experience creating tools to automate manual tasks
- Good understanding of encryption and hashing algorithms for data protection at rest and in transit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Spanish is a plus
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary based on performance and experience
- Vacation days
- Stock options
- Flexible work environment, with home office and remote work arrangements
- An international work environment with amazing and highly skilled people
- A world-class team that helps you evolve your skills in areas you're interested in
- An opportunity to have a real impact in one of the most exciting emerging markets
We trust our highly skilled and diverse team and we’re committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for new talents to flourish. We value diversity and welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, and identity.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!