Cloud Rendering Developer (f/m/d) - 100% Remote
Cloud Rendering Developer (f/m/d) - 100% Remote
We are a remote-first startup on a mission to change photography in its fundamentals by enabling anyone to take high-quality and professional product shots for marketing and e-commerce in 3D environments, faster, better, and cheaper than ever before. Recently, we landed a seven-figure investment from a European Tier 1 fund to take our vision global!
We are now looking for a Cloud Rendering Developer to help bring the company to the next level. We are open to both full-time and part-time, as well as both employed and contract work.
The kind of stuff you’ll do:
- Be the driving power in developing our rendering backend.
- Be responsible for rendering quality.
- Work closely together with the frontend/three.js team and with the technical founders.
- Build a scalable rendering setup with the help of our AWS experts.
To rock this job, you’ll bring:
- You have a (ideally Master's) degree in Computer Graphics or similar relevant area. If you are very strong on a theoretical level and have an academic mindset but without a degree, please also consider to apply.
- You know the difference between Ray Tracing and Ray Marching and have at least heard about MDL. You know that Shadow Bias is not a psychological phenomenon and SIGGRAPH is not a font style. Your favourite YouTube account is probably Two Minute Papers.
- Some experience in software development, ideally outside of an academic setting.
- Capability & interest to learn fast
- Fluency in English.
- A team-oriented personality and ability to work collaboratively with the team and various stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- More experience the better.
- Relevant experience developing rendering services in the cloud with Nvidia iRay, ideally with Migenius RealityServer.
- Knowledgeable with 3D rendering software like Blender, Maja or 3DS Max.
- Interest in photography and/or visual arts.
How do we work?
We are a remote-first company and will stay so (yes, also after Covid) - our main time zone is Central Europe (UTC+1 / UTC+2).
We work in a virtual office - Gather.town that allows us to still keep micro-interactions while being completely remote.
We work with OKRs, which we plan in monthly cycles for teams to enable fast progress. The sprint planning for the development team is done in two-week cycles, issues are tracked with Github.
Every day we meet for the morning daily to sync on important updates.
We share with each other feedback regularly during the weekly sessions. Additionally, you will have monthly 1on1s with one of the founders.
What we offer:
Experience working in an early-stage startup where you work at a fast pace, but can have influence over the product and company’s growth.
Work in a very friendly and international remote team - currently, we have 9 people on board working in 6 different countries!
Two technical founders who care about the product and development experience.
Remote office set-up and we may get you co-working space near you if you prefer.
Competitive salary and an attractive equity package as an early employee. If the company is successful, you should be too! --> The actual salary can be higher and will be a competitive package combining base salary and equity, and is negotiable depending on previous work experience and cost-of-living in your location.
Annually EUR 1.000 benefit budget to spend for your extra gear, setup, gym subscriptions, learning activities, books, etc.
Flexibility with working hours.
Regular, fully-paid company-wide breakouts, where the whole company comes together somewhere in Europe (depending on the Covid situation).
Oculus Quest 2 VR Glasses for social activities and/or development. Prepare for some good dose of competition in VR! ;)
Once we receive your application, we will review it as soon as possible. We don’t require cover letters, but if you feel there is something in particular that we should know, please include that in your application.
If your profile meets our requirements, we will contact you shortly. If it doesn't, you will also hear from us. Promise. If not, our Head of People Jagoda will be locked in the box of shame.
The recruitment process will consist of a short call with our Head of People and 2 meetings with the team and founders. You will get all the details during the first interaction with us.
We will go through one project of yours together (you choose the project you want to show and discuss), and we definitely want you to be prepared to discuss your experiences. There will be no traditional "coding interview" like at Google or Facebook where you have to reverse lists or something similar.
If what you’ve just read sounds exciting to you, the next steps will be:
If you like what you see, apply using the link below!
Join zerolens as a Cloud Rendering Developer and change the world of photography!