Cloud Data Engineer (Python)
TourRadar is a Series D, venture-backed Adventure Booking Platform disrupting a $200 billion industry. Revolutionising how multi-day adventures are booked, we provide Operators with a platform that helps them manage, market and sell their organised adventures to travellers directly (B2C) or via distribution partners (B2B2C) worldwide.
Traditionally, booking an organised tour was a tedious and time-consuming process. Where will I stay? What activities will I do? What meals am I going to have? What operator can I trust? TourRadar makes booking multi-day adventures seamless and timely, partnering with 2,500+ operators to offer more than 50,000+ adventures in 160+ countries. Founded in 2010, TourRadar was the first to transition multi-day tours to an online marketplace, making them the leader in the industry. In 2021, TourRadar further revolutionised the industry by introducing the Adventure Booking Platform, connecting travellers, operators, and travel agents to organised adventures through one platform.
With 30+ different nationalities in our team and with offices in Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible booking experience. Launched in 2010, we proudly develop and innovate exceptional talent and we are looking to scale our team.
We are currently looking for a Cloud Data Engineer (Python) to join our team in Vienna or remote.
- You will be working on the team that is responsible for handling all data operations at TourRadar.
- The work environment is agile, focused on delivering value to our customers quickly, breaking down work into smaller chunks that you iterate on quickly.
- You will share your knowledge with the broader team on a regular basis, and have opportunities to go beyond, and contribute to the wider community and industry.
Design and implement ETL workflows to support various business areas:
- Evaluate and implement off-the-shelf machine learning solutions according to specific business requirements, with a focus on solving business problems.
- Work with DevOps, Development and Business Intelligence teams in maintaining the “data layer” for TourRadar.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Take responsibility and ownership over the database systems, including but not limited to developing architecture, design, and scalability strategies that meet business needs and goals.
Who you are:
- Professional, enterprise-level experience with Python.
- Experience with writing and optimising SQL queries is a must.
- Analytical mindset, strong work ethic and thoroughness.
- Ability to deal with changing demands in a dynamic startup environment.
- Proven working experience with various types of databases, specifically MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift and NoSQL databases.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Understanding of data modelling techniques.
- Familiarity with extracting data from various types of APIs.
- Experience with Data Warehousing.
- Significant knowledge designing ETL workflows patterns.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing off-the-shelf machine learning solutions.
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with e-commerce and marketing data.
- AWS certified in one or more of Database, Machine Learning, Data Analytics or Big Data.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform).
- Experience with AWS Glue, Apache Airflow or similar ETL orchestration technologies.
- Experience with Apache Spark.
What can you expect?
- Awesome Office: Located in the heart of Vienna's 1st District, our headquarters and its surroundings are second to none when it comes to atmosphere. Every day we enjoy an open office floor plan, complete with our “barketing department”, foosball games, and deluxe coffee machines that keep us buzzing.
- Location: Vienna is a thriving startup hub, with ample opportunities to grow your network and enjoy the benefits of a city ranked number one for Quality of Living for ten years running! Affordable for families and young professionals, filled with nature parks, a lively restaurant scene, rolling vineyards, and plenty of art, culture, and events to enjoy on your weekends.
- Flexibility: Work from home, or our beautiful office and enjoy flexible working hours that allow you to structure your days how you please.
- Office Exchange: As we're privileged to have three offices across the globe (Vienna, Toronto, and Brisbane), we encourage everyone to make use of our Office Exchange program. You will have the chance to get to know your colleagues better and become a local in a new city.
- Diversity: Thrive in an international work environment that has more than 40 different nationalities under one roof. English is our official working language, but keep your ears peeled for a multitude of languages lingering in the hallways!
- Regular team outings and events: Enjoy virtual or in-person team nights at least once a month with different themes and activities to keep us all connected. Expect spontaneous events and trips together from hiking trips, wine tasting, rock climbing, and more.
- Workgroups: Join like-minded team members in voluntary workgroups around topics like wellbeing, sustainability or company culture to actively shape how we work at TourRadar
- Well-being: Mobile working and disconnected working from managers and team members have unique challenges that are different from working in an office. We are aware that even though we are working hard, it is always important to maintain a healthy work-life balance and manage our mental health. To provide the necessary help you have free and anonymous access to check-ins, therapy & workshops led by an external curated team of professionals.
- Training & Development: With annual training and development opportunities in place, we support each other through yearly Development and Reflection Talks (DaRT) to discuss individual development opportunities and future career paths. At our thriving start-up, there are many opportunities to grow and develop your skills through cross-departmental projects in our rapidly growing industry.
- On top of this, you’ll also enjoy EUR 25 home office allowance for costs arising from working remotely, quarterly team lunches, employee discounts on all TourRadar adventures, and many more!
Through a flexible startup atmosphere, flat hierarchies, and transparent lines of communication we welcome new ideas from fresh minds, so apply now and seize the chance of being part of a highly flexible and motivated team revolutionizing how multi-day adventures are booked all around the world!
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level