Clinical Lead (GP) (f/m/d)
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Clinical Lead at Accurx
We're looking for a GP to join our Clinical Lead team. As a Clinical Lead, you will be part of a team that are building solutions to problems that you encounter daily in your professional life.
You will have to wear many hats as a Clinical Lead, one moment you could be working with designers to create software that makes sense to healthcare workers, the next you will be talking to key figures in the NHS about their challenges and our solutions.
We don't mind if you haven't had experience working in a software company before, but we do need you to understand the problems of communication in healthcare, believe it can be improved, and help us come up with the solutions. The role will require you to have a strong collaborative spirit as you will be embedded with many teams including our software, sales and operations teams (to name a few). We value good communicators who can get their point across but also listen and truly understand our users, stakeholders and patients.
- You'll engage regularly with product teams helping create software start to finish.
- You'll spend a lot of time talking to and testing products with frontline staff. You'll combine this with your insights of how the healthcare system works and where the problems are.
- You'll inform the features we're building today, and help develop our product strategy for what we build in the future.
Championing patients and front line staff
- Most challenges faced by caregivers and patients aren't immediately visible. You'll educate the team in what the big challenges are. This will build team empathy and get them excited for the mission ahead.
Building relationships with NHS
- You'll work with amazing people in primary care, secondary care, central bodies, and government (NHS England, NHS Digital).
- You'll work with our sales team to help them demonstrate the value of our products to potential buyers.
- You'll nurture the relationships we have and forge hundreds of new ones.
- You'll be a key voice of Accurx amongst NHS leadership and policymakers, and become a real expert in our field.
- Where appropriate, you will guide the clinical content within the software to make it helpful for users and meaningful for patients.
What the team say ...,
"We're able to see the impact of our work every single day. We make sure we stay really close to our users, they join company-wide calls each week and hearing them talk about how accuRx has changed their professional lives or that losing us would be like 'losing an arm' makes you feel very proud and lucky to work for such an inspiring company." - Vivek Mathew, Clinical Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You are a working NHS GP
- You have a strong interest in product and design, and these go beyond healthcare
- You're comfortable wearing several different hats at once - the role is really varied
- You have a good appreciation of the wider healthcare system and how it fits together
- You can work full time or 4 days per week, with the remaining day as a clinician (please note, we do not accept applications for any availability less than this)
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £55,000 - £75,000 salary + the value of £31,500 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
Years of experience