Chief of Staff
Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts.
Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
As a Chief of Staff, your role will be to enable the CEO and Executive team to make Bitmovin’s mission come true. You will work closely with the CEO to execute on strategy, lead cross-functional projects and amplify priority initiatives. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
As a Chief of Staff you will:
- Work closely with the CEO and the Executive Team and develop a deep understanding of the business, strategy and key priorities, to eventually leverage communication and help us lead through context, not control
- Act as a sounding board and sparring partner for the Executive Team for new ideas and initiatives
- Help the leadership team to stay on top of strategic priorities through overlooking the progress on the OKRs, company projects and goals, ensuring their up-to-date status and following up on open points.
- Own and manage the weekly Executive Team meetings, ensuring they are well prepared, efficiently conducted and objectives are achieved
- Serve as an ad-hoc strategic resource, ready to lead cross-functional initiatives, with a focus on end-to-end project management
- Monitor information flow between the teams and ensure that knowledge and information is shared
- Co-orchestrate executive leadership offsite content, flow, and coordination
It would be great if you have
- 4-8 years of professional experience, ideally in Management Consulting, Investment Banking or top tech scaleups.
- Ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and functions of an organization
- Program and project management skills and experience
- Comfortable working in time-sensitive and rapidly evolving situations
- High EQ and strong interpersonal skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, while being efficient with limited resources
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal form
- Strength in analytics, critical thinking, and reasoned judgment
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, changing environment with limited data
- Demonstrates a high level of accountability married with a huge sense of urgency
- Ability to work with limited guidance and support
- Ability to get things done
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Cloudflare, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.