Chief Financial Officer (f/m/d)
Your mission in the team:
Luko is on a mission to help millions of households access safer and greener homes. To achieve this, our journey is regulated and intense. We need to find the right partner for the CEO to ensure the company keeps taking smart risks and strengthens its path to profitability.
To do so, you will be driving critical functions (Finance, Legal, Compliance, Impact) with an overarching role for the Luko group. You will have a strong strategic sense to help prioritise our major projects, and a mature risk appetite to be the ‘voice of reason’ when need be.
You will be one of the faces of the company alongside the founders and need to nurture and be the key touch point for investors.
Here are some of your missions:
- Maintain and create the set of metrics that can ensure simple communication & understanding, good alignment across teams (eg implement Impact metrics among financial ones), responsive decision-making (based on alerts on the business development) and strong risk management.
- Optimize capital and liquidity allocation across entities based on regulatory constraints and ambitions
- Articulate the Finance / Platform team to make sure Finance/ support functions is/are plugged into all key aspects of the company, can promote accountability on the P&L, anticipate important projects to help shape them (rather than damage control them) and be aware of all teams’ hot topics to be very responsive in its risk management.
- Build the stack and routines to enable live access to financial data of top quality to all decision-makers across the company
- M&A is handled in an expressway and post-merger transition is successful
- Regulators (incl Bafin) are comfortable with the financial and compliance management of the company
What you will need to be successful?
- At least 5 years of proven experience as CFO, finance officer, VP finance or relevant role
- An experience with fundraising, Investor relationships and M&A processes
- A leadership experience
- An Insurance background and a good understanding of solvency / technical accounting topics
- An experience in the following field is a strong advantage: Insurance, heavily regulated industry, venture, private equity, start-up or scale-up.
- Language: English fluent (French and German are a plus!)
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, mental health support with Moka.care, learning and development courses, and many more.)
- Work-Life balance and unlimited days off
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris, Madrid & Berlin
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Raphael, our CEO/Co-founder
2. 2nd interview with Thomas, Chairman of Luko Insurance AG
3. Lukofit interview with Monica, our Head of People
4. Meetings with a few team members from our finance team
Who are we?
Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko's mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 300 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 250 ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry and committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.
Years of experience