CFO / Head of Finance (f/m/d)
Who we are
Emma Wanderer is a startup rethinking how we can “Work & Live Everywhere” in the future. Emma Wanderer strives to become Europe’s leading brand and service company for nature-loving people who want to work flexibly.
Our team is based in Vienna, Graz, and - as a remote work company - around the globe. Founded in 2021 and currently in the seed stage, we are now hiring Emma Wanderer’s core team. This tribe of dedicated, hands-on startup builders from all walks of life will shape Emma Wanderer’s innovative technology & offers.
Why join us?
Our mission is to combine mobility, housing and work in a compelling and sustainable way that everyone can enjoy a productive life closer to nature. As a team we believe we can change the future of work if we put our whole hearts into this mission.
If you want to work in an exciting and progress-driven environment where you can constantly learn & grow, Emma Wanderer is the place for you:
- Highly independent and self-responsible working style with a lot of flexibility (naturally, we offer remote work).
- We live a highly value-based, trust-driven and transparent company culture with no to low hierarchies.
- We expect our team to give their best and are providing the work environment to achieve that goal.
- You have the unique opportunity to shape the future of work and thereby influence the lives of all future workers in Europe.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Build and execute the financial operations in terms of accounting, reporting and stakeholder communication, together with the co-founders
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks and serve as a financial advisor to the co-founder for strategic planning purposes
- Retain constant awareness of Emma's financial position and act to prevent problems
- Develop and take the lead in our corporate fundraising strategy (for our Real Estates, as well as for our platform) and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Manage all sides of accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll and tax preparation
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
What you need to succeed
- Proven work experience as Head of Finance, CFO, or similar
- Experience in Real Estate and/or Hospitality. Experience in or with startup environments is a big plus
- In-depth knowledge of financial benchmarking, accounting, audit and tax compliance and other regulatory matters
- Experience in all areas of funding - venture capital (VC, private equity...) vs. cahsflow oriented funding (bank loans, leasing...) and also open for crowd-investment.
- Expert MS Excel skills
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Motivation and ability to work both hands-on and strategic
How to apply
We would love to hear from you! Make sure to include your CV and/or LinkedIn and send through a text/voice/video file stating why you want to work with us via mail (we love to get content that surprises us). No motivation letter is required (we also dislike them!).
- According to Austrian law, we are required to state a salary for this position which is expected to be around EUR 60,000.00 gross annually. As we are a startup, we are (in the beginning) limited in budget, but definitely open to discuss and find a way which is suitable for both of us.
- Start: asap
- Please note that for this position we only accept applicants with a valid working permit in Austria.
Fields of study
- Finance / Controlling / Taxes
Required degree level
Years of experience
- €61,000 to €70,000 per year
- economic knowledge
- MS Excel
- Office applications