Carbon Ratings Associate
⏰ Start Date: ASAP
📍 Location: Belgrade
What is Sylvera anyway?
In less than a year, Sylvera has built a partnership with NASA, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the performance of carbon offset projects. This transparency helps scale a global market primed for 15-100x growth in the coming 10 years.
What will I be doing?
As a Carbon Ratings Associate you will analyse and implement controls to ensure information quality for the Ratings group. The key objective of this role is to ensure data used by the Ratings group are accurate, timely, and reliable. You will be responsible for developing and implementing QA strategy for efficient production and performance testing strategy. Successful candidates will be able to query data to identify errors, perform root cause analysis, and escalate to next level review when appropriate.
The Carbon Ratings team is responsible for collecting, aggregating, and analysing data for our ratings products, encompassing differentiated data, our ratings platform, and research products. We apply a critical lens to both the qualitative and quantitative data used in ratings products to assess elements such as modeling assumptions, project risk, and biodiversity. As a team, we tackle challenges related to data reliability, standardisation, and effective data harmonisation.
What do I need?
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field and 3+ years of experience in a data operations & quality role
- Articulate and fluent communication in English
- Advanced Excel or Google Sheets skills
- Willingness to ask questions and escalate where concerns are not resolved
- Excellent attention to detail and a positive attitude
- A passion for climate justice and a desire to ensure nature is properly valued and protected
- Competitive salary, equity in a fast growing startup and a local benefits package
- Full training from the current climate analytics team
- Exposure to cutting edge geospatial and climate models
- Experience working on a cross functional and collaborative team