C++ Engineer - Video Streaming Developer (m/f/d)
Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Permanent employee, Full-time · Munich
As (Senior) Video Software Developer (m/f/d) you will be part of our video engineering team and actively support the development and future evolution of our video pipeline (signal acquisition, encoding/decoding and streaming). As one of our early team members, you will have the chance to shape the foundation of our product and culture.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- As an expert software developer developer, you will be responsible within the video engineering team for coding and testing various parts of the video pipeline.
- With your programming expertise and knowledge of best practices, you will assist and support other developers.
- Your knowledge of video technologies should be good enough to work with a high level of autonomy.
- A master’s degree or higher in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of recent experience working as a software developer with C++.
- 3+ years of experience with video codecs (H.264, HEVC, VP9, …) and streaming technologies.
- Comfortable working with Linux, GitHub, and Continuous Integration.
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent English in writing and speaking, German is a plus.
- A hands-on mentality and an analytical mindset.
- An enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology in cars and automated vehicles.
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Experience with IP networking and VPN technologies.
- Understanding Signal transmission (4G LTE, Wi-Fi, …).
- Any other programming language (python, …).
- Experience with automated testing.
- 30-minute screen call.
- 1-hour interview with the hiring manager.
- 1 coding challenge in our office (or remote).
- Reference check.
- Final interview with the founders.
Fernride offers Logistics customers the end to end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. Thus, Fernride is redefining the job of the driver who will evolve from a 1:1 remote operator to a highly effective fleet manager who assists up to 50 highly automated vehicles from the comfort of an office. Partnering with leading OEMs, Fernride enables the remote operation and full automation of driverless fleets - swap body or trailer trucks, forklifts, shuttles, or other vehicles.
Be ambitious: We set ambitious goals that challenge the status-quo and push us of our comfort-zone. We have a shared passion for building extraordinary products.
Take ownership: We actively take ownership of our tasks, products and teams. By being accountable, we know we can fully rely on each other.
Get things done: We get things done without getting hung up on unnecessary details. We know that the simple solution always wins over the complex one.
Be data-driven: We decide based on reliable data, enabling precision and maximum impact.
Strive for improvement: We continuously grow personally and professionally. Our open-minded mentality and love for learning allows us to reflect and progress on a daily basis.
Equality and Diversity at FERNRIDE
FERNRIDE is built on people and their differences give us strength. We want to provide equal opportunities to people from all walks of life. Join our journey of continuous learning and rapid growth. Help us celebrate equality and diversity!
Thank you for your interest in FERNRIDE! Please fill in the application form below. If you are facing any problems uploading your documents, please send your documents via e-mail to [email protected]